I've not seen a single AW in the wild, outside of the local Apple Store.
    That's really surprising, honestly. There are so many out there!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-21-2017 04:45 AM
    That's really surprising, honestly. There are so many out there!
    Concentrated in the more affluent urban and suburban areas of the US. Out in the more rural places, especially New Mexico (poorest state), they're absent. I've never seen one in the wild.
    robertk328 likes this.
    06-21-2017 09:57 AM
    Concentrated in the more affluent urban and suburban areas of the US.
    I'd agree that specific areas are more likely to have AWWs (Apple Watch Wearers) than others. I'm not in a 'more affluent area' but hardly a victim of urban blight. Just sayin.

There are three Apple stores not two far away, plus a Target and Best Buy that seem to do a busy business selling Watches. And iPhones are everywhere.

I also move around a bit so I see big money invested in tricking out Benzes and Escalades big time. Just not one Watch. Yet. Maybe if I hung out in some fitness crowd...
    06-21-2017 04:44 PM
    Unlike before when I was the one of maybe three people walking around wearing an Watch, I see a good deal of people wearing it now.
    06-21-2017 04:51 PM
    I've noticed more now that I own one. In the short time of having mine I've been stopped by several Apple watch wearers and non-wearers asking me what series I have and how I like it.
    06-21-2017 05:30 PM
    ...non-wearers asking me what series I have and how I like it.
    I get that, too.
    ksassy likes this.
    06-21-2017 10:19 PM
    Never noticed one, and the people I know who actually need a watch tend to have good ones....
    06-23-2017 05:40 AM
    Saw my first ever AirPods in the BA lounge at LHR yesterday. To my surprise, guy had a Samsung phone. Also a little surprised to not see a single AW in the lounge (and I saw most folks since I was walking around to close my Move ring). It makes me wonder about AW sales in Europe.
    06-25-2017 10:15 AM
    Saw my first ever AirPods in the BA lounge at LHR yesterday. To my surprise, guy had a Samsung phone.
    That's interesting. While the AirPods will pair 'old school' like any other BT earphones to any other BT enabled device, they lose a lot of utility we have with iPhones (not surprisingly).

Given their cost, I wonder what it was exactly that made that person choose the AirPods. Maybe they have an iPhone as well?
    robertk328 likes this.
    06-26-2017 11:29 AM
    I can honestly say I'm a part of that elite! I just picked up a Series 1 off of OfferUp for a mere $110 and a diet soda . It's in pristine condition, basically new and as I wrote this my AirPods just showed up too!

My life is complete!!
    Spencerdl and ksassy like this.
    06-26-2017 11:40 AM
    That's interesting. While the AirPods will pair 'old school' like any other BT earphones to any other BT enabled device, they lose a lot of utility we have with iPhones (not surprisingly).

Given their cost, I wonder what it was exactly that made that person choose the AirPods. Maybe they have an iPhone as well?
    I'd be surprised if they didn't have an iPhone. I use mine with my S8+ and they work just like any other Bluetooth headphones but it's not like with the iPhone. They are made to work with Apple Products and I would never buy them to use with something else. The value is with how they work with my iPhone and Apple Watch.
    06-26-2017 12:42 PM
    My life is complete!!
    Well done and congratulations on the score of the S1! Now with more AirPods!
    06-26-2017 12:52 PM
    They are made to work with Apple Products and I would never buy them to use with something else. The value is with how they work with my iPhone and Apple Watch.
    That's exactly why I bought the AirPods. I'm not sure what I'd buy if I had a non-iPhone. Most of the options are more expensive than the AirPods. Maybe the Beats?

Anyway not a problem since I have an iPhone and a Watch.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    06-26-2017 12:55 PM
    Well done and congratulations on the score of the S1! Now with more AirPods!
    Thank you
    06-26-2017 01:10 PM
    I can honestly say I'm a part of that elite! I just picked up a Series 1 off of OfferUp for a mere $110 and a diet soda . It's in pristine condition, basically new and as I wrote this my AirPods just showed up too!

My life is complete!!
    Congrats on your AW S1 and Airpods! You'll love the combo
    06-26-2017 04:33 PM
    I visited what has to be one of the largest (in sq ft) Apple stores in central Madrid yesterday. They have a good selection of most everything, including ceramic watches, but when I asked about AirPods they just shook their heads no and giggled.
    06-30-2017 12:28 PM
    Congrats on your AW S1 and Airpods! You'll love the combo
    Love it. Truly comes in handy now that I do merchandising as well.

FYI I do have more AirPods in stock if anyone wants any lol
    ksassy likes this.
    06-30-2017 04:26 PM
    I see the odd few people especially when I go into London. Overall I find people still don't understand fully what they are I still get "OH WOW you can pay using your watch?" I think its still more people who are interested in tech not your average person! Although my mum in her 60's will have one when i get series 3 hahaha
    Spencerdl and cwbcpa like this.
    07-06-2017 02:43 PM
    All the time.
    07-08-2017 10:31 PM
    I see the odd few people especially when I go into London. Overall I find people still don't understand fully what they are I still get "OH WOW you can pay using your watch?" I think its still more people who are interested in tech not your average person! Although my mum in her 60's will have one when i get series 3 hahaha
    Let me ask you this. I added my card to the watch, but forget I have the ability to do it as well. Do I just tap and pay like I do on my phone?
    07-09-2017 10:58 AM
    Yes thedonp, once its all set up on your watch you double press the side button and you will have all the cards show up (swipe left or right to select the one you want to pay with) then just hold it at the reader! It dose not require any authentication as it knows it is on your wrist. I use it as much as i can.
    07-09-2017 01:28 PM
    Yes thedonp, once its all set up on your watch you double press the side button and you will have all the cards show up (swipe left or right to select the one you want to pay with) then just hold it at the reader! It dose not require any authentication as it knows it is on your wrist. I use it as much as i can.
    Yep. I used my Saturday evening. The kid at the register said 'That is so cool!' I didn't disagree. I get a Haptic tap telling me the transaction is done. If I check the screen there's a visual confirmation as well. Interestingly, I get the tap several seconds before the cashier sees something similar on their screen. I have literally made my payment without a cashier seeing it and they're waiting on me. Then the confirmation pops up on their screen and they're slightly confused for a second or two. Makes me laugh a little inside.

I've got a 5s so the Watch is the only way I can use Apple Pay and that's good enough for me.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-10-2017 04:39 AM
    Gotta try it next time I'm in the store
    07-11-2017 09:06 AM
    I see Watches all over the place. People of all types wearing them.
    07-11-2017 09:50 AM
    I'm still looking for my first Watch Wearer.
    07-11-2017 04:46 PM
107 ... 2345