Well according to Tim Cook during the earnings call, watch sales have doubled in the last year. We should be seeing a lot more of them overall.
    Interesting comment by Cook. Since Apple doesn't release sales numbers, we just have to wonder what number was doubled.
    05-04-2017 04:00 PM
    . But I personally don't like wearing a watch like that for any length of time.
    Lindsay does this only just to make the scanning easier. It's not necessary for the whole flight.
    05-07-2017 09:59 AM
    Now that I've been actively looking, I'm seeing mostly sport models and sport bands. I've seen a couple woven and Nike bands. I asked the wearers if they had Nike watches or just bands.
    05-07-2017 10:07 AM
    or just bands.
    That would be me. I've got the KO Black/Volt and Black/Cool Gray. I frequently wear the Black/Cool Gray with a SGAW.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    05-07-2017 10:39 AM
    Yes I noticed an increase of Apple watches. I work in fast food and I'm the only one who has an Apple Watch. I now see customers sporting Apple Watch and every time I see them, I say "TEAM APPLE WATCH" and almost every response from them is "omg I love it!" And one guy says "I never go anywhere without it"
    RobertP1 likes this.
    05-07-2017 02:14 PM
    Yes I noticed an increase of Apple watches. I work in fast food and I'm the only one who has an Apple Watch. I now see customers sporting Apple Watch and every time I see them, I say "TEAM APPLE WATCH" and almost every response from them is "omg I love it!" And one guy says "I never go anywhere without it"
    This.
    05-07-2017 03:31 PM
    I see a lot of them on a daily basis. I rarely see a Samsung watch and I came from Samsung...used to get lots of compliments on it from Apple users. They wish their watch was round. I actually like the shape of the Apple Watch. It's a great ice breaker when I am talking with my customers. Especially when its the same color. LOL. I am in AZ and even in our colder temps I still notice the ⌚️
    05-11-2017 12:55 AM
    Smart watches in general are making traction, but it's a slow grind
    RobertP1 likes this.
    05-11-2017 01:22 AM
    I see a lot of them on a daily basis. I rarely see a Samsung watch and I came from Samsung...used to get lots of compliments on it from Apple users. They wish their watch was round. I actually like the shape of the Apple Watch. It's a great ice breaker when I am talking with my customers. Especially when its the same color. LOL. I am in AZ and even in our colder temps I still notice the ⌚️
    I've only seen one Samsung watch "in the wild". The Best Buy employees seem to wear them at the stores by me. Not just the Samsung people either. Maybe they get a good discount on them. Idk.
    05-11-2017 05:51 AM
    I see many different variants of the Apple Watch in my areas of travel. I would estimate about 40% more in the last 4 months probably because of the Apple Watch making a great Christmas gift.
    05-11-2017 06:26 AM
    Now that I think about it, I see a lot more Apple watches, but they're almost always sporting the band bought with the watch. It makes me think frequent band switching isn't prevalent. I know none of my friends change their bands.
    05-11-2017 04:44 PM
    Now that I think about it, I see a lot more Apple watches, but they're almost always sporting the band bought with the watch. It makes me think frequent band switching isn't prevalent. I know none of my friends change their bands.
    Perhaps they just arent as fashion forward as those of us here
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-11-2017 05:39 PM
    I would agree with this. Most people have the sport band in whatever color the Watch came with.

Perhaps they just arent as fashion forward as those of us here
    I would also agree with this. Lol.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-11-2017 06:12 PM
    I see more Watch wearers on TV than in 'real life'. Det. Nick Carisi (Peter Scanavino) of Law and Order SVU wears a Silver Aluminum or Stainless Watch. I'll have to pay more attention next time. It's not product placement so it might even be his own Watch.

I've yet to see anyone wearing a Watch outside of an Apple Store.
    05-12-2017 12:53 PM
    I see more Watch wearers on TV than in 'real life'. Det. Nick Carisi (Peter Scanavino) of Law and Order SVU wears a Silver Aluminum or Stainless Watch. I'll have to pay more attention next time. It's not product placement so it might even be his own Watch.

I've yet to see anyone wearing a Watch outside of an Apple Store.
    What makes you say it's not product placement?
    05-12-2017 03:59 PM
    By my unofficial definition of product placement, you should be easily able to recognize what the product is and who makes it, or the placement is a fail. The point of placing it in the frame is to advertise it.

There have been flagrant examples of this on various shows. One is a star of a show mentioning their vehicle or it's feature by model and name. Product Placement. Or having the logo in plain view, crystal clear, such as the Apple logo on the back of a Mac. Almost always Product Placement. Acura cars on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Product Placement.

Watching the credits at the end of a show, you'll see the 'Promotional consideration...' disclaimer. Product Placement.

In this case you could barely see the Watch and it's face never turned on, and our hero wasn't checking the time. The Watch looks a lot like a Blaze from a distance. People were constantly telling me Obama wore a Watch. I only every saw a Blaze.

The only way I could see Carisi's Watch was to freeze the frame and hit the ENHANCE key several times. I could barely make out the side button but did see the black inlay of the digital crown. (This may make it a SS and not an Al Watch). Not once did he ever check the time. No Product Placement.
    05-12-2017 04:20 PM
    Most definitely
    06-19-2017 02:58 AM
    By my unofficial definition of product placement, you should be easily able to recognize what the product is and who makes it, or the placement is a fail. The point of placing it in the frame is to advertise it.

snip...

The only way I could see Carisi's Watch was to freeze the frame and hit the ENHANCE key several times. I could barely make out the side button but did see the black inlay of the digital crown. (This may make it a SS and not an Al Watch). Not once did he ever check the time. No Product Placement.
    If it was that difficult to spot then you're probably right - not a product placement. A good rule of thumb is that if you can recognize what a product is, then it's probably product placement. What you've described is definitely not that.
    06-19-2017 05:05 PM
    Most definitely
    Welcome to iMore! And BTW, love the user name!
    06-19-2017 05:06 PM
    I have yet to notice a person wearing an Apple watch. Lots of iPhones, however.
    06-19-2017 05:17 PM
    I see hundreds of them per day. I work in a mall that probably explains why I see so many though. Most of them I see are the Nike edition. I bought the all black Nike edition myself but I recently bought the white Nike band.
    06-19-2017 09:08 PM
    Apple watches everywhere! Still not many AirPods though... but one is meant to stay on all day, so don't expect to see the same amount.
    06-20-2017 06:04 PM
    Many wearing them, but the difference between aluminum sport vs. SS is very great and only a small handful wear SS, and only seen one guy wearing the ceramic edition.
    06-20-2017 08:06 PM
    Apple watches everywhere! Still not many AirPods though... but one is meant to stay on all day, so don't expect to see the same amount.
    I've never seen AirPods nor a ceramic AW in the wild.
    06-20-2017 09:50 PM
    I've not seen a single AW in the wild, outside of the local Apple Store.

I did see a guy wearing AirPods at a local supermarket. I had mine on. We exchanged 'knowing cool dude nods'.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-21-2017 04:39 AM
107 12345