Several of my "Fitbit friends" have stopped using their Fitbit because they bought an Apple Watch. That's got me to thinking that I should consider connecting with them using Activity Sharing.

If you're using Activity Sharing, how is the experience? Do you find it motivating? If you know, how does it compare to Fitbit?
    mrkeynes likes this.
    04-26-2017 03:41 PM
    I am using the activity sharing with a couple of friends. Basically you get notifications as they complete workouts or earn achievements. You can mute them if you wish. Especially that one overachiever who always closes every circle and gets at least 200% on daily move goal

As far as motivating, it doesnt help my motivation. I work out every day and close my circles regardless of what the others are doing. I do send messages after certain people accomplish things like earning the Earth Day badge. Personally I have never used a fitbit so I cant answer that question.
    04-26-2017 04:11 PM
    I use it but it's pretty lonely because I only have two friends who own an Apple Watch
    04-26-2017 06:03 PM
    I use it but it's pretty lonely because I only have two friends who own an Apple Watch
    I don't know anybody with a smartwatch, let alone an Watch. There was a movement here to start a group. I'm not a group-type guy so I don't know anything about it.
    mrkeynes likes this.
    04-27-2017 04:12 AM
    The sharing is a significant part of what made the watches keepers in our family. My wife always has to win.
    mrkeynes likes this.
    04-27-2017 06:08 AM
    The sharing is a significant part of what made the watches keepers in our family. My wife always has to win.
    Again, a good reason to mute the achievements of the overachiever in your sharing group
    04-27-2017 09:13 AM
    I am using the activity sharing with a couple of friends. Basically you get notifications as they complete workouts or earn achievements. You can mute them if you wish. Especially that one overachiever who always closes every circle and gets at least 200% on daily move goal
    Can you select what you share? Can you share steps?
    04-27-2017 06:20 PM
    Can you select what you share? Can you share steps?
    You basically share everything. You cant customize what is shared and not shared. So they see your steps and progress on each of your rings. Plus they get a notification when you complete a workout, close a ring or earn a badge. The notifications you can mute on a per person basis.
    04-27-2017 06:59 PM
    My husband is the only person I know with one, as we got them together. We share... At first it was annoying cause he walks alot alllllllllll day... But I've turned some of the updates off. And we keep up with each other's daily goals during the day...
    mrkeynes likes this.
    04-27-2017 10:21 PM