Apps aren't working on my Apple Watch

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
That's it. I don't know why, but my 1st gen  Watch are failing to run any apps I try to open in it. Fantastical 2, NHL, Telegram and much more... I just try to open it and, after a few seconds with the circle loading it closes up. I don't know what can I do to solve this. Any help?

I tried to restore it a lot of times, with no luck. Really confused here...

Tks

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Is your watchOS up to date? And iOS? How about the apps?

For the restore, did you Restore as a new Watch? If a backup is corrupted, restoring from it wouldn't help.

Does the Watch app show your Watch correctly? Correct description? Have you deleted and reinstalled suspect apps from the Watch? How about deleting them from the phone, restarting both the phone and Watch, then reinstalling them? You could try with one or two troublesome apps.

Otherwise you may have to try an Apple Store.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Is your watchOS up to date? And iOS? How about the apps?

For the restore, did you Restore as a new Watch? If a backup is corrupted, restoring from it wouldn't help.

Does the Watch app show your Watch correctly? Correct description? Have you deleted and reinstalled suspect apps from the Watch? How about deleting them from the phone, restarting both the phone and Watch, then reinstalling them? You could try with one or two troublesome apps.

Otherwise you may have to try an Apple Store.

Yes I've tried all these tips without success. Apparently my watch is ok, since it is showing everything correctly, but these apps appears don't work. I will try a new complete restore tonight in order to see if I can fix this problem. It's really annoying me...

Tks

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had a lot of issues with that with my series 0. It made me so mad bc I spent so much money on it. Not seeing it as much with my Nike+ but some apps still take longer to load than it should.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I had a lot of issues with that with my series 0. It made me so mad bc I spent so much money on it. Not seeing it as much with my Nike+ but some apps still take longer to load than it should.

Yes, I'm mad too. Really don't know what to do. What's the meaning in have a smartwatch that doesn't run apps? I was thinking in buy a new Series 2, but if you say the issues continue, so I really don't know what to do... Mad.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm mad too. Really don't know what to do. What's the meaning in have a smartwatch that doesn't run apps? I was thinking in buy a new Series 2, but if you say the issues continue, so I really don't know what to do... Mad.

Series 2 is much improved. Looking back, I would not have purchased the series 0. Was not worth the price. Can't tell you how many times apps either didn't launch or crashed on me during use. It was infuriating. I haven't had near that on my series 2. The only one I can remember is Todoist. That one was terrible but they updated and it's just fine now.

Try a restoring as new and see if it helps.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
All apps works like a charm on my iPhone. On watch simply doesn't open. I just gave up! Maybe in two or three years I test a smartwatch again. This technology simply isn't mature enough yet...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
All apps works like a charm on my iPhone. On watch simply doesn't open. I just gave up! Maybe in two or three years I test a smartwatch again. This technology simply isn't mature enough yet...

I disagree, I think the smartwatch technology is mature enough to handle certain apps that state "Offers Apple Watch App". I'm currently wearing an original series Black Stainless Steel Apple Watch (OS latest beta), and it runs great and all apps work properly. It could be a possibility that you received a "bad" Apple Watch, it happens. Did you get your Apple Watch from a reputable seller (Apple, BestBuy etc), and have you returned it and gotten a new one?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Humm, I think they go hand in hand.

Uh for the purposes of this particular thread and the post I responded to, I'd say no. Obviously you need both to have a useful watch.

Apple provides the tech and OS and the developer works with what's provided. At some point a dev may come up with an app that needs tech that doesn't exist yet. I don't think that's the case here.

So at this point I say the smartwatch tech is pretty mature and if an app isn't working then the dev needs to fix it. In some cases it's possible that Apple has changed the OS so that an app or some apps are broken or won't work, such as in the future requirement of all apps to be 64-bit instead of 32-bit. That's not the same as tech lacking maturity.

This technology simply isn't mature enough yet...

This statement is blaming the Watch since the app(s) work on the phone. I disagree with that statement. If an app isn't working on the Watch I put my money on it and not the Watch tech. The dev(s) need(s) to examine their work. This is not to say that Apple can't have a bug or bugs that need to be squashed. It happens. But I'd say the tech does not need to evolve for two or three years before it's mature.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Uh for the purposes of this particular thread and the post I responded to, I'd say no. Obviously you need both to have a useful watch.

Apple provides the tech and OS and the developer works with what's provided. At some point a dev may come up with an app that needs tech that doesn't exist yet. I don't think that's the case here.

So at this point I say the smartwatch tech is pretty mature and if an app isn't working then the dev needs to fix it. In some cases it's possible that Apple has changed the OS so that an app or some apps are broken or won't work, such as in the future requirement of all apps to be 64-bit instead of 32-bit. That's not the same as tech lacking maturity.

This statement is blaming the Watch since the app(s) work on the phone. I disagree with that statement. If an app isn't working on the Watch I put my money on it and not the Watch tech. The dev(s) need(s) to examine their work. This is not to say that Apple can't have a bug or bugs that need to be squashed. It happens. But I'd say the tech does not need to evolve for two or three years before it's mature.

Yes, I agree. I misunderstood/misread your initial response. I apologize.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
But I'd say the tech does not need to evolve for two or three years before it's mature.

This is off topic the thread, but, to be honest, I suspect that the third or even fourth version of the Apple Watch - maybe this fall? - will be the point of maturity for the Apple Watch. Not that there won't be continued improvements, but I see the first and second Apple Watch more as proof of concept than mature technology. They definitely made a big pivot with watchOS 3 when the Series 2 was released, and I think they've been spending the last few years figuring out where this product can go.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
doogald said:
but I see the first and second Apple Watch more as proof of concept than mature technology.

There's not that much difference between the AW and the AWS2. The biggest difference is GPS, and maybe waterproofing, two features that a lot of people don't need or want.

Even the faster processor of the S2 really didn't add that much once wOS 3 was out. It took existing hardware and made it far more practical than it had been.

Other than adding more features, I think longer battery life is the only real thing that makes the Watch less than a daily driver for those who aren't onboard, whether they would ultimately buy one or not.

I guess it all comes down to how we define maturity. I think the tech is pretty stable and reliable. There will be feature added and tweaks done, but I see the tech as being pretty much the same. Well, the display could change and that would be a big change in the technology.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal