How durable is Apple Watch?

kev46

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Wondering how this product is holding up to scratching and markings as I'm not good with my watches. Think this fall it maybe time for an Apple Watch.

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I have had mine since they first came to market, Space Gray Sport, no problems so far, if you looked very close you may find the odd scratch, but it only ever comes off my wrist at bed time to charge, go for it.

batts7

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Agree, I've had mine over 12 months and always knocking it! Then do that thing where you look at your watch slowly hoping that it's survived! Very light scratches.

I recently gave it a good clean with a micro-fibre cloth and bought a new official Apple Watch band, good as new!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wondering how this product is holding up to scratching and markings as I'm not good with my watches. Think this fall it maybe time for an Apple Watch.

In a couple weeks, I will have had my Watch for a full 2 years, and I've worn it EVERY day since getting it. It has never had a protective casing or a screen protector on it and it has held up quite well. In fact, the Watch itself is almost flawless.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
In a couple weeks, I will have had my Watch for a full 2 years, and I've worn it EVERY day since getting it. It has never had a protective casing or a screen protector on it and it has held up quite well. In fact, the Watch itself is almost flawless.

Same here. Admittedly, I spend most of my day at a desk. Still, no scratches after two years.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the first gen  Watch, stainless steel. Screen is flawless (though it's dirty ATM), but the body needs to be polished... just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
kev46 said:
I'm not good with my watches.

Here's the thing— I don't know that the Apple Watches are particularly rugged. The non-polished models' texture will rebuff and hide mild scratches that would show up on any other 'shiny' watch surface.

Only a guess but I bet the Ion-X glass on the Sport/Aluminum Watches is harder than the 'crystal' on a lot of other watches, at least in the same or cheaper price range. A lot of manufacturers don't state what the crystal is made of unless it's in a 'better' watch category.

All that said, the Aluminum Watches may wear well for you. I've always been careful with non-work watches enough that it's second nature. A work watch was just that. You do what you have to do and don't even think about the watch until it's needed. Case and screen protectors are an option if you're concerned.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Im a truck driver and I can attest to it's durability. I didn't get the Sapphire Glass model, but I got the regular ion x glass. Has held up just fine.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've had my series 1 for about a year and I bang it on corners and door frames all the time. No damage yet (knocking on wood).

Fable

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
My Series 2 I hit on the corners of doors all the time. After having it since about a month after release, I have one very minor (almost unnoticeable) scratch at the top where it curves over. I'm not using a screen protector at all. My dog will also clip it with his teeth a lot.
3a0a2e5afbb927a0f46e6f53c7c2bb2b.jpg

As you can see those aren't small teeth.

It's very durable though. It's a solid device that is very well made. It's worth the look if you are in the market.

PS. Battery life is still outstanding.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2