First Apple Watch

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Got a Black Nike Apple Watch today my first, got sick of having a Fitbit flex 2 on my other arm and its basic, did the job for a start into fitness tracking though.
Really liking it, band is excellent in the heat with sweat, watch is nice and light and very comfortable.
Walked my dogs for 60 minutes = 6.1 ks today, which is accurate have paced it, great to have heart rate and being able to listen to music without my iPhone.
Activity app is great. Worth it just for this so far.
I surf not but sure if I will use it surfing, don't want to lose it.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Got a Black Nike Apple Watch today my first, got sick of having a Fitbit flex 2 on my other arm and its basic, did the job for a start into fitness tracking though.
Really liking it, band is excellent in the heat with sweat, watch is nice and light and very comfortable.
Walked my dogs for 60 minutes = 6.1 ks today, which is accurate have paced it, great to have heart rate and being able to listen to music without my iPhone.
Activity app is great. Worth it just for this so far.
I surf not but sure if I will use it surfing, don't want to lose it.

Don't think I'd risk it surfing simply due to the salt water and other bits in the sea. I know it's waterproof but that's more for pool swims imo

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

If you have Fitbit friends that you regularly challenge, you may find that you miss the Flex 2. I wear my Nike + AND a Fitbit Flex 2 for just that reason.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There a few apps that will sync your Watch steps wth fitbit so you can keep challenging your friends.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
If you have Fitbit friends that you regularly challenge, you may find that you miss the Flex 2. I wear my Nike + AND a Fitbit Flex 2 for just that reason.

I was more worried about losing it i have lost a seiko divers before. I wore my rip curl this morning and was reminded of the wax that gets on the band, don't want that on my nike band.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

No i don't, Will sell or give it away, i got it on sale for $88 they are normally $149 here.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
My only gripe so far is i have my 7 plus connected to a Uniden bluetooth handset in my home/office for calls, which means i don't get phone calls on my apple watch, doesn't seem to vibrate either. Any work arounds for this?

Edit. Solved, ditched the Uniden handset didn't really like the call quality anyway, now use my Bose QC35, call comes on watch/iphone just turn the headphones on and connects, excellent don't know why i haven't been using them for calls since i got them, blocks out background noise and call quality is excellent and i get calls on my Apple Watch.
Loving this watch, also tax deductible :)

Last edited:

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Congrats!

I got a Nike Apple Watch in January but had to return it. I'll be getting it again in a couple of weeks! I want the space gray case with the black/cool gray band!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Is theNike+ model only sold at the Apple Store and on their site?

Sad but true. When it was announced I'd hoped I could get it tax free, but along with getting the bands separately, it was to be a no-go. :(

So I'l wait for the AWS3 before I play my card. The Nike+ is still on the list, but I've put it on simmer for now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2