Portable Charging Solutions for Apple Watch

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Sometime around Christmas I was watching a show that had this car charger for the Apple Watch... one of those top 10 gadget gift shows. I was excited to see this item because I would be one of those ppl to keep a car charger for my watch. Lol of course the item has been unavailable since the show aired, but I was wondering if anyone else had come across any other portable charging solutions other than bringing the cable or the stand along.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J4XZHP6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2895410

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Interesting for in the car. I have seen though the battery blocks with a built in charger for the apple watch. THink they can charge a watch for about 12 days straight.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Sometime around Christmas I was watching a show that had this car charger for the Apple Watch...

That's the first car charger I've ever seen, or even heard of. Only once have I really wished I had a car charger. I do have a couple of extra chargers and pucks, so I could keep one in the car.

Since there's always a high-capacity dual USB plug in my car, a disc/carrier combo that plugged into a USB port (and allowed access to the second port, would be a nice gadget to keep on hand.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Ugreen Power Bank portable charger for Apple Watch

51CComrHiPL._SL1001_.jpg

Ok, this isn't quite as cool as the one DarlaMack showed, but that one appears to be vaporware.

This one is currently (lol) available. It comes with the magnetic puck so you don't need to get/use your own. It has a 2200mA battery and can also charge your phone, or at least perk it up. There are four LEDs to advise you of it's state of charge. It can be charged from a micro-USB (ugh) port when connected to your computer or your USB wall wart.

Many of us don't need to charge during the day, away from home. And others do. Still, this could be handy to have anyway. I've seen the price vary but hover around the $60 mark. Given that it comes with an induction charging puck, it's not a bad deal. I might give one a try.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Wir...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2913345