Best bands for the Space Grey Apple Watch?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Didn't realize that. Have a link handy?

This is the Milanese band knockoff I have. It's all black.

Apple Watch Band,Teslasz? 38mm Mesh Replacement Strap Stainless Steel Milanese Loop Strap Magnetic Buckle Wrist Band for Apple iWatch All Models,Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015DP2M5...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2892648

Here's the adapter:

Apple Watch Adapter, Oittm Stainless Steel Apple Watch Band Connection Adaptor with Screwdriver Tools for Apple Watch & Sport & Edition (Space Gray 42mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0152VX9R...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2892648

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
The black Apple nylon band has black lugs and a black clasp that would look nice. I have the blue nylon for my SS Series 2 and the band is extremely comfortable.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
This is the Milanese band knockoff I have. It's all black.

Apple Watch Band,Teslasz? 38mm Mesh Replacement Strap Stainless Steel Milanese Loop Strap Magnetic Buckle Wrist Band for Apple iWatch All Models,Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015DP2M5...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2892815

Here's the adapter:

Apple Watch Adapter, Oittm Stainless Steel Apple Watch Band Connection Adaptor with Screwdriver Tools for Apple Watch & Sport & Edition (Space Gray 42mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0152VX9R...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2892815

@eyecrispy - that looks quite nice. All of the Milanese knockoffs I've looked at fall in the $20-$40 range... this looks to be much better quality. You pay for it, but I suspect it's almost an identical match to the real thing?

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
@eyecrispy - that looks quite nice. All of the Milanese knockoffs I've looked at fall in the $20-$40 range... this looks to be much better quality. You pay for it, but I suspect it's almost an identical match to the real thing?

Honestly, I haven't done a side by side comparison, but it looks ok to me. The only thing I have to complain about is that the mesh band doesn't line up with each other after you loop it through the end and wrap around your wrist --- when the mesh pieces lay on top of each other, it's not perfectly aligned. Not horrible, but I did notice that. Otherwise, the magnet is strong and it looks nice.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
when the mesh pieces lay on top of each other, it's not perfectly aligned

If you're a patient sort and not heavy handed, you can probably fix that. Remove the bands and lay them flat along a straight edge to see if they are tweaked at all.

One of them should be chosen to be straighter than the other. Take the other band and while keeping it flat, hold the band behind the lug and at the far end and slowly twist it (still keeping it flat) for form a very slight arc so that it lines up better with the other band. The longer band might be a better candidate for tweaking.

Bend it a little and check the line up. If it's not right, try bending it a little more until you're happy.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If you're a patient sort and not heavy handed, you can probably fix that. Remove the bands and lay them flat along a straight edge to see if they are tweaked at all.

One of them should be chosen to be straighter than the other. Take the other band and while keeping it flat, hold the band behind the lug and at the far end and slowly twist it (still keeping it flat) for form a very slight arc so that it lines up better with the other band. The longer band might be a better candidate for tweaking.

Bend it a little and check the line up. If it's not right, try bending it a little more until you're happy.

Oh golly. I am not patient enough for that. It honestly doesn't bug me that much.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
That's the $59.00 one.

7085fbbf915e98566492c2d11eb35948.png

I ended up buying the traditional rustic brown.. They are 50% off the 1st gen models so I got the $150 one for $74 and some change

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2