App suggestions for New Apple Watch user

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I coulda swore I had turned location services on for it...

Now that it's working, I don't like the layout.

Well that's a different story. :) All I really care about for the watch is the complication. If I want to know more, I'm going to TWC on the phone. And by the way, I agree about the Apple app layout on the phone.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Well that's a different story. :) All I really care about for the watch is the complication. If I want to know more, I'm going to TWC on the phone. And by the way, I agree about the Apple app layout on the phone.

For me, when I want just a quick glance at the forecast for the next few hours where I am I'll use the watch. I'll use the phone app when I want more details or one of my saved locations. Work and home are sufficiently far apart that they'll have different temps and precipitation patterns.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I do prefer Wunderground sourced apps. The Wunderground app itself can be a bit problematic for me. And despite its flaws, BeWeather still works the best for me of all the apps I've tried.

BeWeather pulls it's info from Wunderground. Good info, bit of a different presentation and better watch customization than Wunderground.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
BeWeather pulls it's info from Wunderground. Good info, bit of a different presentation and better watch customization than Wunderground.

Living Earth is another using the Weather Underground data. The phone and watch apps are very good - spectacular on phone.

I've bookmarked BeWeather but have stopped buying any weather apps until I find one that's better with precipitation data. I keep looking for an app that displays what the NOAA precipitin history site shows. I want more than day of precipitation history.

Overall I'd probably be perfectly happy if OneNote could add text to a note the way Drafts can. I want notes apps tied to the enterprise back end or server side.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Living Earth is another using the Weather Underground data. The phone and watch apps are very good - spectacular on phone.

I've bookmarked BeWeather but have stopped buying any weather apps until I find one that's better with precipitation data. I keep looking for an app that displays what the NOAA precipitin history site shows. I want more than day of precipitation history.

Overall I'd probably be perfectly happy if OneNote could add text to a note the way Drafts can. I want notes apps tied to the enterprise back end or server side.

Ok, now you've piqued my curosity, I must try Living Earth.:yes:

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It is! I especially like how my accounts sync between devices and Spark has a dedicated macOS client as well

Another excellent email client is Airmail, works on both Mac and iOS and also on the watch. At $4.99 it is a bit pricey I suppose but worth it in my opinion.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I made two posts here earlier - watch apps and phone apps - on the Drafts app update. It added tremendous utility to the watch. It has note editing capabilities other watch apps don't have. That's both scribble and Siri input. Your phone version of the app then gives you tremendous function with other apps, programs and platforms. This includes copy and paste between phone and Mac.

Search should find my earlier posts. Visit the developer's site to best learn what the app does.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh