Anyone Still Using First Gen Apple Watch?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Waiting for S4 is a good move. I was about to go S3 but will hold off.

My main Watch is an S2, but I have some AWs (original) that I wear from time to time, especially the SS version. It's too nice to just ignore or abandon, and the S3 SS is too pricey for me to consider.

I'll probably sell the other AWs or give them to friends.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Still using a first generation, but will be getting a new Apple Watch (series 4) when available.
0bd74aa07a01a0dc6e09eab2358fa820.jpg

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
I have an og that i used until my iphone died yesterday. Also have a series 2. Wiped them both to give to my cousin, since I now don't have a working iphone. Bith work perfectly.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have an og that i used until my iphone died yesterday. Also have a series 2. Wiped them both to give to my cousin, since I now don't have a working iphone. Bith work perfectly.

Just curious, are you done with Apple altogether or do you plan on getting a new iPhone and new Apple Watch?

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Done with it. Spent £699 on that phone and it has gone pop in 2 years!! Will not spend money I don't have on products that don't last. I will keep my iPad and MB Air, but I have been using a chromebook recently instead of the Air as well. So the watches are being posted to a cousin who will get some use out of them and I have ordered a Huawei Watch 2.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Done with it. Spent £699 on that phone and it has gone pop in 2 years!! Will not spend money I don't have on products that don't last. I will keep my iPad and MB Air, but I have been using a chromebook recently instead of the Air as well. So the watches are being posted to a cousin who will get some use out of them and I have ordered a Huawei Watch 2.

By no means am I trying to get you to stay with Apple, but did you try to see what was wrong with the Apple device? It's rare that an iPhone would just stop working. My iPhone 7 Plus is almost two years old (22 months) and still runs great.

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
By no means am I trying to get you to stay with Apple, but did you try to see what was wrong with the Apple device? It's rare that an iPhone would just stop working. My iPhone 7 Plus is almost two years old (22 months) and still runs great.
I have had iPhones since the iPhone 4, and have been using other apple products since 2009. I don't want to waste any more money on it. Even a DFU won't restore it. So it looks like hardware failure. My daughter has an iPhone 6 that works perfectly. So I know some people's phones work for years. But in this case I don't want to spend any more money on it. It isn't my main phone so I am giving up. The likelihood is an expensive repair and a cost even to explore what is wrong with it. For me it is just wasting money I don't have right now.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had iPhones since the iPhone 4, and have been using other apple products since 2009. I don't want to waste any more money on it. Even a DFU won't restore it. So it looks like hardware failure. My daughter has an iPhone 6 that works perfectly. So I know some people's phones work for years. But in this case I don't want to spend any more money on it. It isn't my main phone so I am giving up. The likelihood is an expensive repair and a cost even to explore what is wrong with it. For me it is just wasting money I don't have right now.

OH okay. Understandable. Just because you don't use an iPhone you will always be welcomed on iMore.

Back on topic,
Does anybody have any photos of their original series? I would like to see the wear and tear on these first generation Apple Watches.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
OH okay. Understandable. Just because you don't use an iPhone you will always be welcomed on iMore.

Back on topic,
Does anybody have any photos of their original series? I would like to see the wear and tear on these first generation Apple Watches.

52ed9ecc8bfdbe6754c3f00a8b4f28d1.jpg
27bd0617be0212860470a02ec2b6aa81.jpg

Still use have my 1st gen model. Purchased this black S.S. About 3 months after receiving my sport model during the preorders. I wear it everyday no cases, battery still last me a whole day (granted I have slot of things turned off I don't use). Still in great condition, only have one small faint scratch in the middle of the screen from brushing up against a gate.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180715/52ed9ecc8bfdbe6754c3f00a8b4f28d1.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180715/27bd0617be0212860470a02ec2b6aa81.jpg

Still use have my 1st gen model. Purchased this black S.S. About 3 months after receiving my sport model during the preorders. I wear it everyday no cases, battery still last me a whole day (granted I have slot of things turned off I don't use). Still in great condition, only have one small faint scratch in the middle of the screen from brushing up against a gate.

Thanks Kaz. Looking GOOOOD.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
General information,
I just purchased a Samsung 55" 4K UHD Smart TV for less than what a new Apple Watch would cost me.
THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HUMM

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My son is still rocking his (my old) original Watch on a daily basis. It does what he needs it to do and it content with it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My son is still rocking his (my old) original Watch on a daily basis. It does what he needs it to do and it content with it.

I'm still using my "original" series also. Actually Apple replaced it with a refurbished one and with this new battery I can probably get another year or more use.