Anyone Still Using First Gen Apple Watch?

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for my first Apple Watch (2nd hand on eBay). Can't wait for it!! And it's the first gen, 42mm Space Grey Alum.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I’m not sure tbh, it’s a 2015 sport and that’s all I know. I was told it’s a S1 but I’ve never been sure

So, and original Apple Watch like yours is called (by Apple) Apple Watch (1st Generation), but most of the rest of us call it "Series 0". Last year, when Apple released the Series 2, they also released a version of the original Apple Watch with the faster, updated processor that is in the Series 2 and Apple (and everyone) calls that "Series 1". The Series 1 is still being sold.

Here is a link with the names, as Apple calls them: https://support.apple.com/en_US/specs/applewatch

So, the original Apple Watch is called either "1st Generation" (rarely) or "Series 0" (unofficially and more frequently.) "Series 1" is the watch that was first released on fall 2016.

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
So, and original Apple Watch like yours is called (by Apple) Apple Watch (1st Generation), but most of the rest of us call it "Series 0". Last year, when Apple released the Series 2, they also released a version of the original Apple Watch with the faster, updated processor that is in the Series 2 and Apple (and everyone) calls that "Series 1". The Series 1 is still being sold.

Here is a link with the names, as Apple calls them: https://support.apple.com/en_US/specs/applewatch

So, the original Apple Watch is called either "1st Generation" (rarely) or "Series 0" (unofficially and more frequently.) "Series 1" is the watch that was first released on fall 2016.

Cheers, that clears that up!

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
They could. There's a news about the first gen Apple Watch saying warranty extended to 3 years, not sure if it's just for certain isolated issues or overall.
Thank you. I'll search now about that 3 years!

EDIT: I just searched and seems it is available to that watches " "ballooning batteries" that ended up displacing a few users' screens"