Anyone Still Using First Gen Apple Watch?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
unnamed (1).jpgunnamed.jpg

Gen1 42mm Stainless Steel with Apple Classic Buckle Band.

Sure could use a nice black Leather Loop...like hotshot Moderator Spencerdl has. :cool:

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I still use mine everyday and am very happy! I will see what Apple brings out in the next version but like some people say my current one suits me fine... thats till I see a feature that makes me go WOW

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yup. Still running great I might add.
c175edcc706e53a01f62e9dbb6121568.jpg

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if watchOS 4 will be the last update for the original series Apple Watch?

It might get 4.whatever but I'm wondering about 5.x eligibility. I've noticed since iOS 11, both my wOS 3 and wOS4 AW Watches have had slow Siri responses, and I always get 'I'll tap you when I'm ready on the wOS4 AW. I didn't pay any attention to Siri on my S2.

While wOS4 doesn't feel particularly slower on my AWs, I'll try living with my S2 for a couple of weeks and see if I notice any differences when going back to the AWs. But I don't know if I'd upgrade to wOS5, assuming it's even a possibility.

woesong

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I've been using the first Apple watch since it came out. I have no need to upgrade, I use it for phone calls, text messages and most importantly at the gym.

I was happy with my original, but tried to sell it on eBay with upgrade in mind and was swindled out of it. I'm using my original smartwatch now, the first gen Pebble. I would appreciate a heart monitor which can tell me how far and how high I've gone. That's all i need, besides notifications and music streaming control.