Anyone Still Using First Gen Apple Watch?

TheUnknownUser

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I love my first generation apple watch. Considered getting the series 2 after comparing the speed to my friends series 2. we timed it and the difference in speed was nothing in both of our opinions. WatchOS 3 was the real game changer in my opinion.

Thegoat8664

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Love my first gen, trying to hold off at least until the next version, but I'll probably keep it and relegate it to sleep tracking.

And the way I use it, I open very few apps. The ones in the dock open up just fine for me.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I just set my wife up on my Gen 0 SS watch. She was not sure she wants one so its a perfect Watch for her to test the waters out on.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Love my first gen, trying to hold off at least until the next version, but I'll probably keep it and relegate it to sleep tracking.

And the way I use it, I open very few apps. The ones in the dock open up just fine for me.

I think that's the key to good performance on the first gen. Put your most used apps in the dock and the performance is awfully close to the new version.

johnalee

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I am still using my first gen. No problems at all. I bought my wife the latest and hers is ALOT faster. Also my battery is starting to drain a lot quicker through the day. So I guess it's time for me to upgrade.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I am still using my first gen. No problems at all. I bought my wife the latest and hers is ALOT faster. Also my battery is starting to drain a lot quicker through the day. So I guess it's time for me to upgrade.

A lot faster? May I ask which Apple Watch OS you currently have on your Apple Watch?

johnalee

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
A lot faster? May I ask which Apple Watch OS you currently have on your Apple Watch?

My watch is running 3.1.3. It did get faster when I updated it. But my wife's switches app to app a lot faster and boot up and shutdown is also faster. I'm not complaining at all. Its actually neat to see the difference between the 2, mine is getting a little old lol.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm running Apple Watch Beta 3.2 but haven't noticed an increase in speed. I don't have another Apple Watch to compare tho.
88f54536f8f9c5937e17c575a02df36d.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox