But comparing to Series 2 and 3, the original AW'S battery life is pretty short.
    And I thought it was pretty good back in 2015-2016.
    12-22-2017 09:08 PM
    And I thought it was pretty good back in 2015-2016.
    True, because back then it's the only Apple Watch and it set the benchmark. After the introduction of Series 2 and 3, can truly see then difference.

Perhaps in Series 4 and so on, the current Series batt life will also not be as good, as batt life continues to improve over the years.
    12-22-2017 09:40 PM
    Yes I’ve still got my series 0 SS Apple Watch but I just ordered a series 3 gps + cellular silver watch. I’ve had my series 0 since launch and the battery isn’t that good anymore. Also it’s a bit sluggish at times.
    12-23-2017 06:44 PM
    Yes I’ve still got my series 0 SS Apple Watch but I just ordered a series 3 gps + cellular silver watch. I’ve had my series 0 since launch and the battery isn’t that good anymore. Also it’s a bit sluggish at times.
    I gave my original series Watch to my youngest son. When I purchased my Series 3 cellular + GPS model, the speed increase is definitely noticeable. Anyway, congratulations on ordering yours and I hope you enjoy it.
    12-23-2017 07:22 PM
    You’ll be surprised with the improvements Apple have made
    12-23-2017 09:45 PM
    But comparing to Series 2 and 3, the original AW'S battery life is pretty short.
    I agree. My AWs get very low if I use a Workout (and Activity) compared to my S2. That said, unless I Force Quit those two apps after my workout, my S2's battery life nose dives.

I'm going to pass on the S3C and shoot for a S3 Nike+. The battery life should be noticeably better. But a new phone is needed first.
    12-24-2017 06:09 AM
    I agree. My AWs get very low if I use a Workout (and Activity) compared to my S2. That said, unless I Force Quit those two apps after my workout, my S2's battery life nose dives.

I'm going to pass on the S3C and shoot for a S3 Nike+. The battery life should be noticeably better. But a new phone is needed first.
    I'll just stick to my Series 2 as the battery life is more than enough for me and lasts a lot longer than my original AW.

So new phone, I presume you're getting the X?
    12-24-2017 09:17 PM

Which phone are you planning to get?
    12-25-2017 07:33 AM
    So new phone, I presume you're getting the X?
    Which phone are you planning to get?

It's between an SE and X. I love the form factor of the 4/5/SE models in look and feel. The X's OLED screen is the big draw for me if I can learn to like the size.

If the weight wasn't so long, I'd just put a new battery in my 5s and roll with that until the new SE is announced. Then it'd be time to stop cutting bait.
    12-26-2017 07:58 PM
    It's between an SE and X. I love the form factor of the 4/5/SE models in look and feel. The X's OLED screen is the big draw for me if I can learn to like the size.

If the weight wasn't so long, I'd just put a new battery in my 5s and roll with that until the new SE is announced. Then it'd be time to stop cutting bait.
    I think you’ll get used to the size of the X, and trust me that OLED is really good.
    12-26-2017 09:14 PM

A new SE might be on the horizon but the X will not disappoint you. Only drawback is the cost, else it's an all-go.
    12-27-2017 02:23 AM
    Still have the 1st gen/series 0 though I do want a series 3 with the faster processor. Pretty much just using it for notifications because it's been too slow for much else (since day 1).
    I have the SS 42mm and not sure I'm ready to part with $600+ again
    12-27-2017 09:02 AM
    I think you’ll get used to the size of the X, and trust me that OLED is really good.
    The Good Angel with the halo is on my shoulder saying 'Don't listen to him! Think this through and be financially responsible!'

A new SE might be on the horizon but the X will not disappoint you. Only drawback is the cost, else it's an all-go.
    The Bad Angel with the latex thigh highs is on my other shoulder and she's whispering 'Listen to him! It's only money. Chicks will dig you. Down here we call it the iPhone XXX!'

I've got to get to the Apple Store and check it out.
    I have the SS 42mm and not sure I'm ready to part with $600+ again
    Oh I know that feeling. That was my first Watch. I'd like to get it again in S3 but I'm even reconsidering getting cellular. The subscription is only $10/mo but that's before taxes. Out this way it's closer to $14. Mucho moola for something that truly won't get much use.

However Ms. Thigh Highs is whispering 'Chicks dig that Explorer Watch face and the red dot.'

::sigh:: What's a boy to do.
    TripleOne and Snoweagle like this.
    12-27-2017 10:28 PM
    The Good Angel with the halo is on my shoulder saying 'Don't listen to him! Think this through and be financially responsible!'

The Bad Angel with the latex thigh highs is on my other shoulder and she's whispering 'Listen to him! It's only money. Chicks will dig you. Down here we call it the iPhone XXX!'

Oh I know that feeling. That was my first Watch. I'd like to get it again in S3 but I'm even reconsidering getting cellular. The subscription is only $10/mo but that's before taxes. Out this way it's closer to $14. Mucho moola for something that truly won't get much use.

However Ms. Thigh Highs is whispering 'Chicks dig that Explorer Watch face and the red dot.'

::sigh:: What's a boy to do.
    HAHAHAHA!
    12-27-2017 11:40 PM

That's a good one! Remember, resistance is futile and welcoming you to the dark side!
    12-28-2017 02:02 AM
    Remember, resistance is futile and welcoming you to the dark side!
    <sigh> I stopped in Best Buy today and checked out the X. That screen is gorgeous. And the scrolling is butter smooth. And fast. Surprisingly, it fits in my front pants pocket, and I did not think it would. Not doing so would have been a deal breaker. And it's pretty fast.

I feel myself becoming X-Rated. Ms. Thigh Highs is winning. She's about to kick the halo off of The Good Angel, with her spiky heel. I don't think I'll last the week. <sigh>

And then I can get an AWS3.
    robertk328 and tcuprof like this.
    12-31-2017 07:05 AM
    <sigh> I stopped in Best Buy today and checked out the X. That screen is gorgeous. And the scrolling is butter smooth. And fast. Surprisingly, it fits in my front pants pocket, and I did not think it would. Not doing so would have been a deal breaker. And it's pretty fast.

I feel myself becoming X-Rated. Ms. Thigh Highs is winning. She's about to kick the halo off of The Good Angel, with her spiky heel. I don't think I'll last the week. <sigh>

And then I can get an AWS3.
    Time to bring in the fork and horns for the X! Get it and you won't have to upgrade for some time. Then after that you can snag the AW S3 and bring back your halo after that.
    12-31-2017 11:16 PM
    I have 2 first gen. One is a 42mm space grey and my hubby just gifted me his 38mm stainless. The 38mm needs a battery so I've got to make an apt for that.
    01-14-2018 09:55 AM
    My wife and I are still rocking the first AW, mine is 42mm and hers is 38mm. For what we use them for, they are still doing the job. We are thinking about getting each other the series 3 as 25th wedding gifts to each other.
    Snoweagle and TripleOne like this.
    01-14-2018 01:38 PM
    My wife and I are still rocking the first AW, mine is 42mm and hers is 38mm. For what we use them for, they are still doing the job. We are thinking about getting each other the series 3 as 25th wedding gifts to each other.
    25th Anniversary? In today’s world that’s awesome.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-14-2018 05:23 PM
    25th Anniversary? In today’s world that’s awesome.
    Thanks. One thing I learned early on was to get in the last 5 words of every argument.

And those words are:

"Yes, dear, you are correct."
    AppleKarma likes this.
    01-15-2018 03:14 PM
    Thanks. One thing I learned early on was to get in the last 5 words of every argument.

And those words are:

"Yes, dear, you are correct."
    Amen!

Obiwan has taught you well.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-15-2018 03:43 PM
    Oh wow! That’s amazing!!!
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-15-2018 05:11 PM
    do you have any idea my applewatch sport side @ back having some dents? how can i remove or back in polished? thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone Still Using First Gen Apple Watch?-img_20160805_135239.jpg  
    02-08-2018 11:26 PM
    Still rocking the 1st gen (‘Series 0’). But with today’s announcements at WWDC, watchOS 5 won’t be available for this device.

At this point I’ll wait for the Series 4.
    06-04-2018 09:31 PM
202 ... 6789