Still currently use mine daily. If they figure out a new design (thinner, possibly round) then I'll think about buying one.
    10-08-2017 06:56 AM
    i am still using my original apple watch i passed on series 2 but am kicking around the idea of the series 3 with LTE just not sure if it is worth the price, since mine still works it is slow as hell but works.
    10-09-2017 06:58 AM
    Still have mine, series 3 LTE OO Need better battery but have OS4 on it and doing okay-except it only makes the day about 50%. Had decided would upgrade when cellular available. Had not worn a watch for several years but decided to try it and now find it really functions well for my needs/wants-being water resistant, having LTE, much better battery will be a very good upgrade for me.
    10-11-2017 11:04 AM
    i am still using my original apple watch i passed on series 2 but am kicking around the idea of the series 3 with LTE just not sure if it is worth the price, since mine still works it is slow as hell but works.
    It’s worth it for sure!
    You won’t regret it, it’s a huge upgrade IMO.
    10-11-2017 05:52 PM
    Got 2 Apple Watch from eBay, used, 1st gen, testing battery life. Charged 100%, and put plane mode, and both are draining at same time waiting to see how this goes until 20% +-.

Last edited by fabio984; 10-12-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    10-12-2017 02:05 PM
    Got 2 Apple Watch from eBay, used, 1st gen, testing battery life. Charged 100%, and put plane mode, and both are draining at same time waiting to see how this goes until 20% +-.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ab2419ef91.jpg
    Nice!!
    10-12-2017 05:48 PM
    3 with LTE just not sure if it is worth the price,
    An S3 is almost certainly worth the price for anyone who likes the Apple Watch. I think the big question is— is LTE worth the additional cost and subscription. I think that's the biggest bit to work out.

I went for the LTE (still waiting!) mainly because not having it and wishing I did would bug me more than having it and not using it. LOL!
    10-15-2017 01:07 PM
    An S3 is almost certainly worth the price for anyone who likes the Apple Watch. I think the big question is— is LTE worth the additional cost and subscription. I think that's the biggest bit to work out.

I went for the LTE (still waiting!) mainly because not having it and wishing I did would bug me more than having it and not using it. LOL!
    Very true!
    iwoodland likes this.
    10-15-2017 07:09 PM
    Currently in a drawer now. Waiting for iOS 11 fixes.
    I've updated mine to OS 4 and noticed that my battery is draining very fast. Are you or anyone experiencing the same? It doesn't last for more than 5hrs now.
    10-18-2017 12:07 PM
    I've updated mine to OS 4 and noticed that my battery is draining very fast. Are you or anyone experiencing the same? It doesn't last for more than 5hrs now.
    Not on my first gen though, still could last me the whole day.
    10-18-2017 08:07 PM
    I'm on Gen 0. I ended up hard resetting and restoring with a recent backup. Experienced the same issue. Hard reset again and used an older OS 3.x backup - it worked! I'm back to the same battery life as before, which is last the entire day and end up with about 30% by 11PM.

Something is buggy about either OS4 or OS4 related app/watch faces. The only thing I did recently was use the Siri watch face. When I noticed the battery drain issue, I figured it's because of how often it must update the various cards available. Even after removing the Siri watchface didn't resolve the battery drain - only the old pre OS4 backup did the trick.

Weird.
    10-20-2017 01:12 PM
    I'm on Gen 0. I ended up hard resetting and restoring with a recent backup. Experienced the same issue. Hard reset again and used an older OS 3.x backup - it worked! I'm back to the same battery life as before, which is last the entire day and end up with about 30% by 11PM.

Something is buggy about either OS4 or OS4 related app/watch faces. The only thing I did recently was use the Siri watch face. When I noticed the battery drain issue, I figured it's because of how often it must update the various cards available. Even after removing the Siri watchface didn't resolve the battery drain - only the old pre OS4 backup did the trick.

Weird.
    10-20-2017 01:12 PM

Weird.
    I supposed it might be due to software issues during the installation of OS4 or so even the software itself.

There are numerous people who also highlighted iOS 11 battery draining issues and I’m one of those victims. Comins back to WatchOS 4, I’ve no issues at all and so far so good, only very occasional self-rebooting problems when replying back a text message by selecting emojis.
    10-21-2017 11:25 AM
    My wife and I still use ours, we were not sold on the 2nd nor 3rd generation models. We rarely leave our phones behind, and don't want to pay an additional fee to have connected wearables.
    10-27-2017 09:21 PM
    I still love mine after nearly 2 years. Wear it everyday!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-27-2017 09:26 PM
    Was wearing my Series 0 everyday up to a week ago. I purchased the Series 3 Nike+ GPS and Cellular. I don't any immediate plans to use the cellular feature. I am enjoying the update...speed, Nike+ watch faces and a couple o new bands. Also changed from stainless to space gray aluminum.
    10-28-2017 09:40 PM
    Like the others, I am still using the first generation watch, and I've had it for about 90 days shy of two years. I've worn it every day since getting it and I plan to continue wearing it for quite some time. I'm not interested in the newer models and I don't store a ton of apps on it. Having said that, it is perfect for the way I use it.
    Same here. I mostly use it for alarms and reminders and it lets me know when texts and VIP emails come in if I happen to walk away from my phone at home.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-29-2017 06:24 AM
    Same here. I mostly use it for alarms and reminders and it lets me know when texts and VIP emails come in if I happen to walk away from my phone at home.
    My previous statement was indeed true.........until I visited the Apple Store today at the Altamonte Mall. (Sigh)....I ended up buying a Series 3 cellular + GPS model in space grey. It was definitely an impulse buy and I should take it back.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 10-29-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    10-29-2017 01:34 PM
    My previous statement was indeed true.........until I visited the Apple Store today at the Altamonte Mall. (Sigh)....I ended up buying a Series 3 cellular + GPS model in space grey. It was definitely an impulse buy and I should take it back. í ½í¸
    LOL!

I know how you feel! In September I said we were sticking with our 7+’s this year...but on October 27 I somehow ended up online buying the X’s for me and the hub.

Also, I didn’t notice that this thread was an oldie until after I posted my reply. And wondered if anyone had changed their mind since posting.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-29-2017 02:07 PM
    LOL!

I know how you feel! In September I said we were sticking with our 7+’s this year...but on October 27 I somehow ended up online buying the X’s for me and the hub.
    We should be ashamed of ourselves.....(Laughing)

Also, I didn’t notice that this thread was an oldie until after I posted my reply. And wondered if anyone had changed their mind since posting.
    It’s all good.
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    10-29-2017 05:42 PM
    Still rocking the OG. Rose Gold, even.......
    Anyone Still Using First Gen Apple Watch?-img_1224.jpg
    11-27-2017 01:44 PM
    Still rocking the OG. Rose Gold, even.......
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1224.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	120676
    Looks brand new!
    11-27-2017 08:53 PM
    Looks brand new!
    Pretty much! I bought it with a 42mm Space Gray but my wife never took to the Apple Watch in general. So it stayed in the box as a backup and I would alternate. A friend offered me a camera in trade for the Space Gray, so now this has become the daily driver.
    11-27-2017 09:38 PM
    Still wear mine everyday. Love the activity tracking and ability to get notifications right on my wrist.
    12-21-2017 08:55 PM
    But comparing to Series 2 and 3, the original AW'S battery life is pretty short.
    12-22-2017 01:24 AM
212 ... 56789