1st gen user here. Don't see a reason to upgrade it yet
    03-31-2017 01:15 AM
    I've still got my First Gen Apple Watch Sport, wore it all the time for a year then got bored of it....however, I've gone back to it now. For me there is no point in changing it for one of the newer models.
    How did you get bored with it? I have the 1st gen and it does what I thought it would, and still does it well.
    03-31-2017 05:27 AM
    How did you get bored with it? I have the 1st gen and it does what I thought it would, and still does it well.
    To be honest I was a little fed up of having to charge it every night, but that wasn't the end of the world as you get use to it. I just go through phases and for me the Apple Watch phase was complete.

I've put it back in today, but unfortunately can't see me wearing it again tomorrow .

Let's see what comes out later in the year, might be time for a change again.
    Last edited by malt1977; 03-31-2017 at 09:29 AM.
    03-31-2017 05:41 AM
    To be honest I was a little fed up of having to charge it every night, but that wasn't the end of the world as you get use to it. I just go through fazes and for me the Apple Watch faze was complete.
    If you wear it to sleep I can see, but otherwise I always take my watch off anyway so I would just charge it when taking it off.

I do know those who want to track sleep, etc., so you can just charge while in the shower. It charges fast!
    03-31-2017 07:11 AM
    I guess what I wanted in a watch changed.

As I said, I've gone back to wearing it today but by lunchtime I was wishing I had my normal watch...oh well, back in the box it goes for now.
    03-31-2017 09:32 AM
    Still going strong here.
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-31-2017 09:37 AM

Needs a good polish... maybe this weekend I'll break out the Cape Cod wipes.
    03-31-2017 11:41 AM
    I'll have to ask at an Apple Store— who takes care of the Watches. Their Stainless display Watches are incredibly bright.
    04-01-2017 07:40 PM
    I just installed it on my OG Watch and it feels like a completely new watch. Much snappier. No waiting when opening an app.
    04-01-2017 08:50 PM
    I just installed it on my OG Watch and it feels like a completely new watch.
    I assume watchOS 3.2? watchOS 3 was the best thing that ever happened to the Watch. It really narrowed the basic performance differences between series/generations.

My Watch for the day or night is chosen based on its color so sometimes it's one of three AWs or one AWS2. I don't ever notice any change or difference in performance. That may change with future OSs and Watches, but I see a long future for just about any Watch.
    njlx2016 likes this.
    04-02-2017 03:17 PM
    I assume watchOS 3.2? watchOS 3 was the best thing that ever happened to the Watch. It really narrowed the basic performance differences between series/generations.

My Watch for the day or night is chosen based on its color so sometimes it's one of three AWs or one AWS2. I don't ever notice any change or difference in performance. That may change with future OSs and Watches, but I see a long future for just about any Watch.

Yes, I was talking about WatchOS 3.2.

I noticed the same thing when I got to play around with one of my friends Series 2. This was pre-3.2 so his series 2 was as slow as my Series 0.
    04-03-2017 12:11 PM
    Yep I got the 1st gen Apple Watch sport at launch then bought another in November when I returned to iOS from a Galaxy s7edge. When it comes to phones I like to have the latest and greatest but the original Apple watch still performs just fine today so I don't feel compelled to update it just yet. I think Apple Watch is like the iPad as in it doesn't need to be updated each year like the iPhone.
    Snoweagle likes this.
    04-03-2017 12:57 PM
    I have been wearing a smart watch for over two yrs. A normal watch is weird for me now. LOL. I am happy with the series 1. I have had it for 6 months since I made the switch to APple. I have always been Samsung and like their watch. It will work with my phone but the Apple Watch is smaller and I like it. I still have my Sammy but haven't worn it. It is a great watch though. I am really pleased with the Apple watch
    06-11-2017 08:47 AM
    I'm still wearing any one of three AWs and S2. In my use, I've seen no advantage of the S2, especially since I've not gone swimming or used the GPS.

The AW felt a little clunky when I first got in but I still really liked it. With wOS3 the difference in performance between the Watches all but disappeared and they are daily wear.
    newsman787 likes this.
    06-11-2017 12:42 PM
    I've had a Gen1 & Series 2 Sport...and sold them both because I like some heft to a watch, and those are just too light weight for me. I can't see a huge advantage of a Series 1 & Series 2 Stainless Steel model...so I got a great deal on a mint shape silver Stainless Steel 42mm AW on Swappa yesterday and will have it in a few days. That, and I got a deal on a barely used genuine Apple leather band on eBay to boot. I'm looking forward to wearing the SS model because I think the shiny metal looks great.

I don't plan on working out or swimming in my SSAW, so the Series 1 is fine with me.

Now, if I could just find a black Leather Loop band...
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-14-2017 12:29 PM
    I last replied in this thread back in February. Anyway, I am still rocking the first generation Watch Sport that I received approximately 2-weeks or thereabouts after launch, and it is still going strong. I’ve installed watchOS 4 beta on it and it’s running well and without a hiccup, thus far. I plan to keep wearing it until it no longer works or is no longer suiting my smart watch needs...
    06-14-2017 12:46 PM
    I’ve installed watchOS 4 beta on it and it’s running well and without a hiccup, thus far.
    That's very good news. I like the fact that its slower processor can still carry that weight. I have one S2 and plan to use it and my AWs until it's not feasible to have their batteries replaced.

Unless a new AW comes out that totally dominates the previous versions with new hardware, there's no reason for me not to keep the originals in the rotation.

Except for wanting a Nike+ (and only for the unique Watch faces!) I'd be getting Series 1 Watches (for future proofing.
    06-15-2017 01:49 PM
    I last replied in this thread back in February. Anyway, I am still rocking the first generation Watch Sport that I received approximately 2-weeks or thereabouts after launch, and it is still going strong. I’ve installed watchOS 4 beta on it and it’s running well and without a hiccup, thus far. I plan to keep wearing it until it no longer works or is no longer suiting my smart watch needs...
    This 100%. Though I didn’t get mine until about 8 months after release, it’s still kicking and running watchOS 4 like a bawse.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-15-2017 04:46 PM
    I've had a Gen1 & Series 2 Sport...and sold them both because I like some heft to a watch, and those are just too light weight for me. I can't see a huge advantage of a Series 1 & Series 2 Stainless Steel model...so I got a great deal on a mint shape silver Stainless Steel 42mm AW on Swappa yesterday and will have it in a few days. That, and I got a deal on a barely used genuine Apple leather band on eBay to boot. I'm looking forward to wearing the SS model because I think the shiny metal looks great.

I don't plan on working out or swimming in my SSAW, so the Series 1 is fine with me.

Now, if I could just find a black Leather Loop band...
    Are you talking about the Official Apple () Leather Loop Band, like this one below...LOL

I wasn't able to find one either until Ambassador BamfHacker was kind enough to sell me his. They are extremely rare these days.
    06-16-2017 12:13 AM
    Leave it to @Spencerdl !!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-16-2017 02:03 AM
    Leave it to @Spencerdl !!
    Yup, the Official Apple () Leather Loop Band is still my favorite.
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-16-2017 02:12 AM
    Ok...if Spencerdl gets one, I do too!!! PM me somebody!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-16-2017 09:25 AM
    Man would love to wear one of these. lol I will however wear by LUM TEC
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-16-2017 01:19 PM
    @Spencerdl is our role model
    Spencerdl and scruffypig like this.
    06-16-2017 01:20 PM
    Exactly. What else does he have and do....... Man this can get expensive....
    Spencerdl and Tartarus like this.
    06-16-2017 01:22 PM
212 ... 23456 ...