Apple Watch heart rate misread?

falcon511

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
So I got my Apple Watch over the weekend and I love it so far. I downloaded the app called heart watch and that will typically monitor my heart rate throughout the day I guess. Earlier today the app reported that my heart rate was at 49 beats per minute. This is a bit unusual as mostly it's like around 69 when sitting down and the lowest I've ever seen my heart rate go is in the mid 50's. I had my wrist up and was resting my head on my hand and my elbow on the table.

Anyone get a misread heart rate? Sometimes with my Fitbit, it would start out really high and then just plummet after I put it on for a minute or so. My Fitbit would also report back my resting HR. Does the Apple Watch report that back somewhere?

bc955a86521a0a5f389657054132b15b.jpg
2d8e951847cf46bf42e2a73469f527e2.jpg

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I have used HeartWatch for some time now and recently after getting some warnings about high heart rate, wore a monitor from hospital, it showed my watch to be accurate and just recently out of hospital with pneumonia, I ended up in cardiac care, I am now on a new heart pill to try and control extra heart beats, mind you I have had heart problems for twenty-five years.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I can only compare to having a chest strap type I did not like. My watch is accurate when it has good contact with the skin. Some activities will move it. For winter fat biking and skiing I use the cuff of clothing or glove for good placement on the skin. Unfortunately I haven't had it bare to see how it will be for MTB riding in summer but suspect that bouncing won't be good.