Does the Apple Watch monitor activity even when locked?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Simple question here (and I think I already know the answer), but it's always fun to discuss these things... so...

If your Apple Watch is locked, and you continue about your day, is your activity tracking still accounted for? Only reason I'm asking, is I was walking around a little bit (maybe 10-20 mins), and when I sat back down and unlocked my watch, noticed no changes in my activity rings. Could be they already updated, but... want to confirm.

cheli007

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I believe it does. When working with my hands (and not wanting to damage the watch) sometimes I put it in my pocket to at least track my steps and I do see an increase in the rings.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Simple question here (and I think I already know the answer), but it's always fun to discuss these things... so...

If your Apple Watch is locked, and you continue about your day, is your activity tracking still accounted for? Only reason I'm asking, is I was walking around a little bit (maybe 10-20 mins), and when I sat back down and unlocked my watch, noticed no changes in my activity rings. Could be they already updated, but... want to confirm.

Yep. I just did it this morning - took my watch off my left wrist and put it on my right and never unlocked it when I went out for a run. The rings look right to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods