The reluctant or maybe better put cautious and skeptic watch owner.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
As one who uses OneNote, Evernote, Keep and Apple's Notes.....

The OneNote app just gives a few of past few notes used, and if you make one it goes to your default or original notebook.

The Microsoft apps are large themselves. I hated it at first but also did good evaluations of the Google and Microsoft platforms for professional use. They might be large but they're good. If you have Business Premium and enterprise tier accounts your support is absolutely fast and world class.

A larger phone has given me (for now) lots of space but overall for mobile I have only used synched notebooks I really need.

An observation from supporting many users.... You can copy a whole bunch of stuff in a OneNote notebook but might want to separate some things as files on their own in your OneDrive. If your account is upper tier (school, business, enterprise) remember the specific type of group called 365 Group. For each one you have notebook, shared calendar, mini SharePoint site and email list. That's an ideal way to collaborate with others and have a lot of data in most usable and accessible ways.

Much closer to the topic. What started this - my wife's watch - should arrive soon. My watch is growing on me. Maybe that saying "mediocre" trying not to do a typical flame or rant is really the watch like your sports toys, musical instruments and other things. You do get something when you buy the premium item but also diminishing returns.

I'm really interested in my wife's reaction when her watch arrives. She is almost always at extremes regarding what she likes and how she spends.

I took OneNote off my phone, so I could free up some space. How does the Watch app work with hyperlinks and embedded content? Some of my OneNotes aren't even simply text, but a combination of texts, pdfs, graphics, links. I am afraid that the Watch OneNote app may not be very useful.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Ah I gotcha so the functionality is just not up to what you would expect. Again, try that feedback link. Apple has already made MASSIVE changes to how the watch works. For example they had a funky contact system on a button that no one was using, so in the latest watch OS they changed the function of that button to a task switcher.

I am sure they're watching. They have the IBM enterprise relationship. The last two times I was in Apple Store for business mobile stuff it was leaving 12 and 4 iPads respectively. This is business tools too.

I took OneNote off my phone, so I could free up some space. How does the Watch app work with hyperlinks and embedded content? Some of my OneNotes aren't even simply text, but a combination of texts, pdfs, graphics, links. I am afraid that the Watch OneNote app may not be very useful.

It's really very elemental display of text.

On the giants watching, not Apple here, but constructive public comments for a product in our enterprise got me invited to a forum discussing new features and taking user feedback. It is clear people with high up titles watch and listen. Also crazy how simple features don't always happen but big ones do.

:)

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
It is clear people with high up titles watch and listen.

I don't think it's that clear at all, and that's no substitute for contacting Apple with reasoned constructive criticism and suggestions. There are a lot of forums and blogs to watch and those people can't cover them all.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I am sure they're watching. They have the IBM enterprise relationship. The last two times I was in Apple Store for business mobile stuff it was leaving 12 and 4 iPads respectively. This is business tools too.

It's really very elemental display of text.

On the giants watching, not Apple here, but constructive public comments for a product in our enterprise got me invited to a forum discussing new features and taking user feedback. It is clear people with high up titles watch and listen. Also crazy how simple features don't always happen but big ones do.

:)

lI would probably disable the OneNote app on my Watch then. I hope Microsoft is paying attention.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The watch is no doubt a keeper for my wife. Our friendly competition via the exercise sharing might do it for me if not the relief from being so tethered to phone. IT admin definitely has me more tethered to phone than average.

Nick Vis

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
The watch is no doubt a keeper for my wife. Our friendly competition via the exercise sharing might do it for me if not the relief from being so tethered to phone. IT admin definitely has me more tethered to phone than average.

After having the AWS2 for a week I can safely say that being untethered from my phone is the best feeling! Been watching cautiously from the sidelines since the OG AW, and I feel Apple have made it compelling enough now to jump off Android and come to the dark side :)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The watch in my opinion is a great addition to the phone. It compliments it and makes my life easier, especially when at work. And driving. I will not pick up my phone while driving. I wish AZ would make it a law but they haven't. It is stupid to be on the phone while driving. I have a Bluetooth ear piece, don't have Bluetooth in my car. I think safety first.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
We have laws against texting/phone use while driving up here in my part of Canada, but you still see a LOT of people talking on their phones, texting, doing other things with their phones all the time. It's mighty frustrating, and in my opinion inconsiderate and dangerous.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
but you still see a LOT of people talking on their phones, texting, doing other things with their phones all the time. It's mighty frustrating, and in my opinion inconsiderate and dangerous.

In CA (Calif., not Canada) it's finally a moving violation to operate hand-held electronic kit. There's also a few more related restrictions.

This means the ticket puts a point on your driving record and it can affect your insurance rates. Finally, after 8 years, we get a law with some teeth in it. No fangs, unfortunately, but people getting a ticket will be in for a big surprise. Previously, it was just a fine with no points on your driving record.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
In CA (Calif., not Canada) it's finally a moving violation to operate hand-held electronic kit. There's also a few more related restrictions.

This means the ticket puts a point on your driving record and it can affect your insurance rates. Finally, after 8 years, we get a law with some teeth in it. No fangs, unfortunately, but people getting a ticket will be in for a big surprise. Previously, it was just a fine with no points on your driving record.

Hopefully other areas of the country follow suit. I see people texting while driving almost every day on the road and it drives me mad. I can always tell that they're on their phones just by the way they're driving.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully other areas of the country follow suit. I see people texting while driving almost every day on the road and it drives me mad. I can always tell that they're on their phones just by the way they're driving.

Or not driving, when they don't move when the light turns green at a stoplight.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Does that include both texting AND talking? Does it matter if the call is hands free?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Does that include both texting AND talking? Does it matter if the call is hands free?

Yes, it includes texting and talking, if hand-held. If not hand-held, talking is dandy, as is telling Siri to take a letter...

But physical access while operating a motor vehicle (i.e., not parked) is limited to using GPS only, and only one finger stroke. ONE. So rollin' in the roller while entering GPS co-ordinates (of any nature) as well as any other finger poking is illegal.

The statue, effective 1 January, 2017, is lengthy with many sections, details, and some exceptions, such as those for law enforcement and civilian emergences.

The finger-touch count will be tough to enforce, and it will take time for some scofflaws to comply, while others never will. But it's a good start, however late.