Compare the S3.

JustinVV

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have the S3. I looked at one today and was blown away with the quality, usability, and general feel. I thought it made my Apple Watch feel like a toy.

Any one have one? What's the OS like? Any deal breakers?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you not say that you were "blown away with the quality, usability and general feel" of the S3? With that in mind, why don't you tell us what the OS is like. I mean, you did mention "usability"........Anyway, I don't have one and I haven't played with one, but hopefully those who do and have will offer their thoughts soon. Take care.

JustinVV

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I have, I just wanted any ones opinion that was primarily Apple. I really like the look and feel. But not having played with the OS for any length of time I was wondering if there were any big negatives. But anyway I might look at getting one for the "going out" watch.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have, I just wanted any ones opinion that was primarily Apple. I really like the look and feel. But not having played with the OS for any length of time I was wondering if there were any big negatives. But anyway I might look at getting one for the "going out" watch.

What OS are you referring to?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have very limited experience with Tizen. Sorry. You may want to ask about Tizen in a Samsung forum, since Samsung and Intel have done most of the work developing it.

Last edited:

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
While the Tizen OS is nice and stable don't expect a lot of apps. It's really weak in that area, there are a number of watch faces available but many of those are, shall we say, not the best.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the S3 Classic. When I had the AW... I primarily used it for notifications and taking/making a call or answer a text quick.

I just dont see a smartwatch as a viable app platform. The experience is....... underwhelming. IMO.

For me... the S3 is perfect, its fast, easy to use (the rotating bezel is a masterpiece). I would ofter get confused when using the AW. Which button do I push, which one do I hold down? for what? etc etc.

And finally...... ITS ROUND... like a watch should be. :)

The watch faces look astonishingly real, add the always on display, many people didnt know I was wearing a smartwatch.

In my circumstances... the S3 is a winner.

So far so good using it on my 7Plus.

COMMISSIONERHBK9

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the S3 Classic. When I had the AW... I primarily used it for notifications and taking/making a call or answer a text quick.

I just dont see a smartwatch as a viable app platform. The experience is....... underwhelming. IMO.

For me... the S3 is perfect, its fast, easy to use (the rotating bezel is a masterpiece). I would ofter get confused when using the AW. Which button do I push, which one do I hold down? for what? etc etc.

The watch faces look astonishingly real, add the always on display, many people didnt know I was wearing a smartwatch.

can you replay from the watch? notifications?

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

I use a lg g watch and all I can get is notifications from calls texts and games. Is the S3 the same? No way to reply or anything?

jamstar35

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
I use a lg g watch and all I can get is notifications from calls texts and games. Is the S3 the same? No way to reply or anything?

Correct. No way to reply. Which works for me because with the work I do, all I want is to see the notification and read what it contains. I'll respond from my phone after I'm done with my customer.

owlyn

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Correct. No way to reply. Which works for me because with the work I do, all I want is to see the notification and read what it contains. I'll respond from my phone after I'm done with my customer.

Not true. You can reply to text notifications easily when they first come in (at least I can on my S2). There is a set of pre-written short replies, or you can add your own to the list. Scoll to the bottom of the notification to see the list, tap on one to use it as the reply. You can also scribble on the watch face to create a reponse. It converts your scribble into actual text characters.

jamstar35

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Not true. You can reply to text notifications easily when they first come in (at least I can on my S2). There is a set of pre-written short replies, or you can add your own to the list. Scoll to the bottom of the notification to see the list, tap on one to use it as the reply. You can also scribble on the watch face to create a reponse. It converts your scribble into actual text characters.

2ade4828f2ce1ad5c7b598a79212f8f6.jpg

This is what I get on my S3. Only gives me the option to clear the notification.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2