My S1 Apple Watch turns itself off with lots of battery remaining

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I got a series 0 (not series 1 as in the thread title) Apple Watch Sport this time last year.

Yesterday morning, I took it off the charger at 100% and later that day it turned itself off for no apparent reason and would not turn back on. When I connected it to the charger and it got power, it showed the battery at 77%.

I put it on charge overnight and this morning I took it off again at 9am at 100%. I noticed that it stayed at 100% for hours and hours before seemingly dropping normally. Just now, at 21:45, it has died. I put it on the charger and it's charging right now but I guarantee you the battery was nowhere near being even remotely depleted. I'll report back when it's got enough charge to turn on.

I only noticed it had turned itself off when my iPhone made the SMS incoming noise about ten minutes ago, which it obviously doesn't do when the watch is on my wrist.

Apart from a reset, which i'm going to try in a minute, does anyone have any ideas, or can shed any light on how I might fix this please?

Last edited:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so my watch is still showing the 'plug in' symbol after an hour of being on the charger, even though it is green, indicating it's charging. Not sure what to do now except take it into an Apple Store. Of course this would happen the day before i'm setting off on a month long holiday, wouldn't it? FML.

EDIT: Got it back and it's at 80%, so absolutely no reason why it should switch off due to a dead battery. I'm going to try resetting it now.

FURTHER EDIT: Aaaaaand it's gone straight back off and won't turn on. When connected to the charger, it has the battery dead logo again...

Last edited:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Tried all those, now the thing just won[t power on at all.

I went to the Apple Store and as I have Applecare+, they are doing an express replacement. Still, I fly back home to the UK tomorrow on three weeks vacation so the express replacement will still see me without the watch for my time in the UK. i'll get it when I get back to Los Angeles in January.

typical that it happens right before Christmas but there you go.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73