Finally set up my S2 stainless--how do I

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I spent the weekend finally opening and screen protecting and setting up my new Watch. Looks awesome.

But how do I disable the stock apps I don't want to use, like Stocks and Calendar? I can't delete them but I don't want them active at all... so how do I make them disappear from my phone?

9682711b210637cd4022302814ecb040.jpg

e4d652f22b8a82b0fed381b3bb203482.jpg

337cdfefae752665f5ddbcfe1fb12443.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Any stock app you delete from your iPhone will also be deleted on the Watch.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I'll be looking forward to your feedback on the screen protector...

PS :Congratulations

Yes congrats. Is that a black or midnight blue sport band? My watch is the silver/white combo also but I bought a midnight blue band as soon as they were available. :biggrin:

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
...hopefully AME will respond soon. Albeit, it looks like the midnight blue. Even more so, look at the colour of the remote ;)

Yes congrats. Is that a black or midnight blue sport band? My watch is the silver/white combo also but I bought a midnight blue band as soon as they were available. :biggrin:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'll be looking forward to your feedback on the screen protector...

PS :Congratulations
Thanks!

Other than needing to reinstall, because I did it too late at night originally and didn't palm the edges down enough to make sure they stuck well, it's great! It's making me INSANE that they didn't fully adhere because of not taking my time.

Midnight Blue. I ordered it from Target when things were still 15% off back around cyberfiasco. I didn't love the nylon ones when I tried them on but I might give that a real try since I just tried it on as a demo. It was really stiff.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Also I like the Orzly dock more than the Spigen because it is weighted better. I like that the Spigen lets to direct the cable more and is smaller, thus better for travel, but the Orzly seems more thought out. So I brought the Spigen to work.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks!
I didn't love the nylon ones when I tried them on but I might give that a real try since I just tried it on as a demo. It was really stiff.

At first when I tried a demo I liked the sport band more than the nylon. But after a while with the sport band I found it gets quickly sweaty when you move a bit more.
So I got tried a few nylons again and decided on one. And having a new one really changed my opinion. Somehow the bands settle to your writs after a day and I didn't even notice wearing a watch. The presence of the band is a lot less intrusive than the sports band for me.
Also they air better more, so it keeps feeling nice.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
At first when I tried a demo I liked the sport band more than the nylon. But after a while with the sport band I found it gets quickly sweaty when you move a bit more.
So I got tried a few nylons again and decided on one. And having a new one really changed my opinion. Somehow the bands settle to your writs after a day and I didn't even notice wearing a watch. The presence of the band is a lot less intrusive than the sports band for me.
Also they air better more, so it keeps feeling nice.

The "airing" is really what I am wanting. And I feel like the sport band will be faster/easier on and off. That is a bigger deal for me.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
The "airing" is really what I am wanting. And I feel like the sport band will be faster/easier on and off. That is a bigger deal for me.

The nylon is more like a traditional band when getting on and off. The sportsband clicks off easier, but I don't think putting them on is really faster because you have to align the pin to the hole, and then tug away the end lip.
I guess it just depends on what fingermovement you do quickest.

This week I only wore the sportsband when excersizeing and the nylon all the rest of the time.
It really changed my opinion about them.

Of course, it's very personal and also depends how your skin reacts the material.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So, I got the Nylon yesterday and wore it for a few hours last night. What I really like about the sports band is that the end slips UNDER the band. That is a nice design. It is annoying to put ON, and trickier, but that is a nice design feature. The Nylon being more traditional has that flappy thing. I slept with the Nylon one on and by morning it was all discombobulated. That was a real downside.

Prior to this, I had a normal metal watch, which didn't have any flappy bits, it had a clasp that deployed. I never slept in it though. So I am used to it being smooth, yknow? I went back to the sport band and I think I am going to take the nylon back. The flap is going to drive me nuts.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
With the sapphire crystal glass that comes on the stainless steel model, it's pretty much impossible to scratch. You don't need a screen protector. This glass is so much more durable than the glass that comes on the sport model.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
So, I got the Nylon yesterday and wore it for a few hours last night. What I really like about the sports band is that the end slips UNDER the band. That is a nice design. It is annoying to put ON, and trickier, but that is a nice design feature. The Nylon being more traditional has that flappy thing. I slept with the Nylon one on and by morning it was all discombobulated. That was a real downside.

Prior to this, I had a normal metal watch, which didn't have any flappy bits, it had a clasp that deployed. I never slept in it though. So I am used to it being smooth, yknow? I went back to the sport band and I think I am going to take the nylon back. The flap is going to drive me nuts.

Interesting. When I buy a second band it's likely to be a nylon band so I think I'll try one first. Before getting my Nike watch, for probably the last 20 years I've worn watches with a full steel band so there's been no flappy bits to consider therefore might annoy me too.

I know what you mean about the sport bands. Even after nearly 2 months of ownership I instinctively reach to put mine on the wrong way (as if I'm somehow going to have the strap poking out through the loop). That's absolutely not a complaint because as you say, once on, it's super comfy.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I haven't slept with the watch on, but never had issues with the flap going out of the little loop. It just stays where it is.

Good thing it that there are enough types of bands, pelnty to go round :) and more chance you'll find a few that suit you.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
What I really like about the sports band is that the end slips UNDER the band. That is a nice design. It is annoying to put ON, and trickier, but that is a nice design feature.

I really like the Sport bands and think the design is pure genius. Traditional bands with a sliding loop that's supposed to hold the flap, often don't. The loop migrates and has to be readjusted. Other loops are sewn in place, and if the band is too big, it waves its flap in the air like it just don't care.

The Sport band is the easiest to put on of just about any band I've ever had. I've got three other watches with metal bracelets and clasps that might be a bit easier unless I'm really in a hurry. Sport bands are so much easier then the traditional buckle types. I hope Apple and others do interesting things with that tuck under design. The Nike+ version is a great start.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Armor suit it what am using. Best screen protector. Recommended by my brother. All his coworkers who have the Apple Watch purchased it as well and my brother installed for them. LOL. Lifetime warranty. He purchased from Amazon. I purchased from ebay....no tax and free shipping. It took me two tries to install it but did very well. I am all thumbs and the two small bubbles that it has will disappear. I am not bothered by them. On the side and not on the screen. And if any scratches occur they will not show up. This screen protector is amazing and it comes in a 2 pack. Highly recommend

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice