Just Got Apple Watch S0

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. My friend just gave me his used Apple Watch S0 as a gift for Christmas. So far I love it. What do the rest of you think? Is it still a relevant device? Sure seems like it is.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Hello all. My friend just gave me his used Apple Watch S0 as a gift for Christmas. So far I love it. What do the rest of you think? Is it still a relevant device? Sure seems like it is.

Congrats and welcome to the Apple Watch club. Is it still relevant? Heck yeah it is, I love my  watch and wear it everyday.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I've got one AWS2 and three AWs, and their not going anywhere! They work fine with wOS 3.x and look as good as my S2.

Congratulations on receiving a fine gift and tell your friend we send along a 'Well done!'.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
As tsparks1 said, This. I gave my son my original watch when I got my series 2. Works perfectly for what he wanted.

Oh don't get me wrong. I fracking love this thing. My original post was meant to more be like how long will it be relevant for? Does it run most Watch apps well? The series 3 will like be out before I'd have a chance to upgrade it. Is that something I should be concerned about? Or will it be more like the iPhone where they are supported for a good long while?

Aside from all of that, any recommended apps to put on it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Any device is relevant if you find it useful.......Anyway, congratulations on getting your watch. Enjoy.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
They really need to figure out a way to sync iMessage/Text Messages across devices. I Iove my Apple Watch but it's incredibly annoying to need to delete messages from the iPhone and the  Watch separately. It should sync.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

I've had my Apple Watch for a little over a year and I still love it! I wear it every day from the time I get up until I go to bed.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Oh don't get me wrong. I fracking love this thing. My original post was meant to more be like how long will it be relevant for? Does it run most Watch apps well? The series 3 will like be out before I'd have a chance to upgrade it. Is that something I should be concerned about? Or will it be more like the iPhone where they are supported for a good long while?

Aside from all of that, any recommended apps to put on it?

I think it will be relevant for years. My S0 runs all the apps on it with no problems. It doesn't matter what Apple introduces next as long as the watch still supports the software upgrades. Obviously there isn't a long enough history with just the watch to know that, but so far so good.

Regarding recommended apps, I find that notifications from travel apps (American Airlines, TripCase) are handy, Google Maps is nice if you want the watch to provide turn by turn nudges, if you take prescription drugs on a daily schedule then the Medisafe app is invaluable, and finally I like the Weather Channel app.

i6splusguy

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I got a apple watch S1 and love it and wear it daily. I cant live without it. I love the notifications and quick replys with imessage, the step/workout counter, the different bands you can buy. I love it.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
My original post was meant to more be like how long will it be relevant for? Does it run most Watch apps well? The series 3 will like be out before I'd have a chance to upgrade it. Is that something I should be concerned about? Or will it be more like the iPhone where they are supported for a good long while?

It will be relevant as long as 1) it does what you want it to and 2) replacing the battery is possible and makes economic sense to you.

Apple will roll out a major wOS upgrade at some point that your Watch won't support. It might be wOS4, maybe not 'till wOS5 or 6, likely sooner than later. Who knows. But when that happens, you Watch will still run with it's current OS. It just won't get new features or performance promised with newer OSs, just like iPhones. I know people who still use a 3GS iPhone. It just works— for them. Some people upgrade because they want to stay absolutely current, others only when there's new features or performance they want. Your call. ;)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I know people who still use a 3GS iPhone. It just works— for them. Some people upgrade because they want to stay absolutely current, others only when there's new features or performance they want. Your call. ;)

I know people who do both when it comes to the Apple Watch - they keep their original AND buy the new one. :rotfl:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73