Questions fo NIKE Watch owners

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Why did you buy the Nike version?

Was it just for the band? Do you use Nike Run Club? Was it worth waiting the extra 6+ weeks to get your watch?

Just curious.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
It's a good question and I think I have an answer!

I think there was a lot of vagueness about exactly what was exclusive to the Nike watch at launch time and so I think I went for the Nike watch just in case I missed out on anything (given that I am a keen runner). Sure we knew the straps were exclusive and a couple of faces but the rest was quite vague. I kind of knew I was unlikely to use NRC long term because Strava is my running platform of choice.

The best thing is definitely the bands. Very comfy. Is it more comfy than a standard sport band? No idea, never worn one.

Would I recommend one over a regular Series 2? Yes, because it's the only way to get the official Nike bands and there's no downside to buying one.

Would I do the wait of an extra 6 weeks all over again knowing what I know now? Probably. I already had a perfectly functional Garmin running watch so I wasn't without a means of recording my running which is the single most important thing to me with a watch these days.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I got it for the band. I know for sure that the normal silicone bands causes sweat to get trapped between my skin and the bands and the holes help so I don't get rashes. I had an issue with another smartwatch and once I went to a band similar to the Nike, no more rashes.

I don't bother with Nike run club. I don't run too much. A few times here and there. Usually when I'm at a hotel. I think the stock health workout is enough for me.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I got mine mainly for the black/volt band. I figured I wouldn't use the Nike watch faces (and I haven't), nor have I used the Nike Run Club. The extra time to get it was irrelevant for me because I ordered it while out of the country and it was waiting for me when I got home.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I went for it because its the same price as the regular series 2 but has more features. Regardless if you want to use the band or the watch faces they are there if you want. Same price + more features = worth the 6 week wait. Easy for me though because I had a Apple watch stainless steel already...

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I went for it because its the same price as the regular series 2 but has more features. Regardless if you want to use the band or the watch faces they are there if you want. Same price + more features = worth the 6 week wait. Easy for me though because I had a Apple watch stainless steel already...

Yeah, it's a lot easier to wait for a new one when you have an original to wear while you wait.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
the bands also weighed in on the decision.

Of course. That's why I bought knock-off bands while waiting for a sale on the Nike+. And that's going to be a wait. Target has a sale today only, for $70 off, plus an additional 10% if you order online and pick it up. The last bit pays the tax! No Nikes, though

I don't have a silver aluminum so I'm trying to resists the temptation to get an S1 instead of waiting for a Nike+.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
What extra features do you get?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just like the exclusive Hermes bands, the Nike+ band will be available at some point. Apple wants to sell and those bands will sell for sure. Just give it some time.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Two Nike exclusive watch faces and the Nike band. Other than that, its the same as every other sport series 2 watch.

You also get a deeper integration into the Nike Run Club app. If you'd not use that app or plan on using it then you aren't missing out but I enjoy that aspect to the watch as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox