Watch faces not transferred from iphone to watch

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Not sure how this is supposed to work. But I changed a few faces and specially the order of them, and they just won't sync to my apple watch.
It's been the same for about two days now. Anyone knows more about this?
Or does it only sync when the watch is charging?

Is there any way to trigger a sync?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried quitting the phone's Watch app, restarting the Watch, then launching the app? Maybe restarting the phone as well...

I did notice that when switching Watches, faces from one Watch won't sync to another. I think that's deliberate.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how this is supposed to work. But I changed a few faces and specially the order of them, and they just won't sync to my apple watch.
It's been the same for about two days now. Anyone knows more about this?
Or does it only sync when the watch is charging?

Is there any way to trigger a sync?

When you edit the arrangement of the watch faces via the watch app, the order of arrangement should sync immediately if your Watch is paired with your iPhone. After reading your post, I edited my arrangement via the watch app and the change on the Watch was immediate. Having said that, do as suggested above and re-boot both the Watch and your iPhone to see if that helps.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I rebooted my Watch and the new faces appeared! And just tested changing a face and that did immediately appear now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I rebooted my Watch and the new faces appeared! And just tested changing a face and that did immediately appear now.

Thank you for the update and I'm glad you got it all squared away. Enjoy your Sunday...

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

Way to go! Rebooting is the fallback, go-to thing to do with almost any odd behavior. Doesn't mean it will fix every oddity, but you can't go wrong with trying.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73