Switch to Apple Watch from Android Wear?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Want to know if there are any previous or current Android Wear users that have switched to Apple Watch? What made you make the switch?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Great question, and hopefully those who have will reply soon...��

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a Samsung Gear s2 and loved it. But then iOS 10 won me over so I got an iPhone 7 and couldn't use the Gear s2 anymore. After tons of complaining about not having my watch, my fianc? finally caved and got me an AWS2 Nike+. I know it's not necessarily android wear but even if I could've used it with the iPhone I would've gotten an Apple Watch eventually. The integration with the Apple Watch is a way better experience than what I had with my Gear s2

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Agree. I find that smartwatches are simply a compliment to whatever your phone is. A smaller, handy, complimentary screen to your phone.

If you rock an Android Phone, the S2 (or now S3) is one of the best choices. If you have an iPhone, Apple Watch is the way to go.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I had the original Moto 360 and the 1st gen Apple Watch. I personally found the Apple Watch much better. Even though people gushed about how well built the Moto was, I found it kinda lacking in overall feel. I mean it looked nice enough, but just didn't feel that premium. Plus the leather band that every tech reviewer gushed over was terrible IMO. It didn't last 2 weeks before it started looking bad. The Apple Watch felt it had better build quality, but more importantly it was much more comfortable to wear.

Even though Watch OS had its bugs at the time, I preferred it to Android Wear as well. The version of Android Wear I was on wasn't really all that great. Version 2 looks good if Google ever releases it though.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For me one of the big improvements I've noticed is the bump in performance (and usability) with watchOS. When the original Apple Watch came out I felt like it was trying to do all the things, and none of them particularly well. Know that the OS is 'grown up', it does all the things, and most of them very well.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
For me one of the big improvements I've noticed is the bump in performance (and usability) with watchOS. When the original Apple Watch came out I felt like it was trying to do all the things, and none of them particularly well. Know that the OS is 'grown up', it does all the things, and most of them very well.

I've yet to experience WatchOS 3 or the performance enhancement. I have to pay off my new MBP some before I buy a new AW, but everything I've seen is an improvement in every way and can't wait to get my hands on one!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I think you'll be impressed. I was actually turned off of the original Apple Watch (didn't like or find the initial build of watch OS very much). But now, pretty solid. And the hardware build is pretty tight too.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73