Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    I would like to buy the Watch but I don't like it being tethered to my phone. I am holding out until Apple releases a new Watch with WIFI. I would like the Watch to operate on its own like the iPad or iPod Touch as long as the Watch is connected to Wifi. I guess it is wishful thinking.
    01-27-2017 07:28 AM
    I would like to buy the Watch but I don't like it being tethered to my phone. I am holding out until Apple releases a new Watch with WIFI. I would like the Watch to operate on its own like the iPad or iPod Touch as long as the Watch is connected to Wifi. I guess it is wishful thinking.
    I don't know if what I said is correct but at home, even when I disconnected my watch from the phone, it still shows connected but to wifi.
    01-28-2017 07:57 PM
    There is WiFi in the Apple Watch.

It connects automatically to wifi when your iPhone is out of bluetooth reach with your iPhone.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 02-07-2017 at 07:45 PM.
    aximtreo and Snoweagle like this.
    01-28-2017 11:28 PM
    No regrets here with hers 'n his Series 2. Series 2 was definitely right for my wife who doesn't want the phone to have sports and activity quantification. She'll have it in water.

I debated thinking 1 would be find but like the 2.

The Series 2 might indeed be some future proofing as has been the case when I chose up the food chain for some laptops and phones.

All that said, a Series 1 is really nice if you'll have your phone around and want a product with far nicer design and software capabilities than lots of activity trackers.

Really, this is a no right or wrong decision unless you know you'll want features the Series 2 has.
    02-07-2017 07:40 AM
    I picked up a S1 from Target for 229. Too good to pass up. I have a Garmin Vivoactive HR that I use for workouts so the S1 does everything I need it to do.
    02-11-2017 10:14 AM
    I picked up a S1 from Target for 229. Too good to pass up. I have a Garmin Vivoactive HR that I use for workouts so the S1 does everything I need it to do.
    I got mine this week, as well, from Target. At nearly double the price, I just couldn't justify a Series 2, especially since I'm not a swimmer, and I'm really liking the Series 1. Of course, with watches, it seems hard for me to justify some of the prices on the more expensive watches. This is an item with a relatively short lifespan that I'll likely want to replace in another year or two.
    02-11-2017 01:46 PM
    I got mine this week, as well, from Target. At nearly double the price, I just couldn't justify a Series 2, especially since I'm not a swimmer, and I'm really liking the Series 1. Of course, with watches, it seems hard for me to justify some of the prices on the more expensive watches. This is an item with a relatively short lifespan that I'll likely want to replace in another year or two.
    Exactly! I can't justify the price of a Series 2 Nike when I know I'll want a new one in 12 months.
    02-11-2017 01:57 PM
    I picked up a S1 from Target for 229. Too good to pass up
    I debate but had some other things going on so I passed. But I do want an S1.

This is an item with a relatively short lifespan that I'll likely want to replace in another year or two.
    For me, that depends on what Apple has to offer. I see this more as an iPad life cycle device than an iPhone cycle. I've got AWs and after getting an S2, don't feel the need to replace them with S1 Watches. I don't have a silver aluminum Watch so I'll fix that with the next Target sale. Or I'll get a Nike in silver just because I like the Nike-centric displays.

So barring some SUPER KILLER app/feature(s), I can see the Watch being a three-four year item, even if it tops out at wOS4. Granted thats not like my 50yo Swiss Chronometer Officially Certified or a few of my other mechs. There's just not that much more I need a Watch to do.
    02-12-2017 03:26 AM
    Exactly! I can't justify the price of a Series 2 Nike when I know I'll want a new one in 12 months.
    Knowing there will always be a new one with electronics is always there. At times you get utility for the now purchase and at times not. Close to home I think of how S2 really was right for my wife, not so much here but in spite of so many comments on iPhone 8 the dual camera system totally made a 7 Plus purchase worth it for me.

In the time we've had the hers 'n his watches I see I'd be mostly just fine with S1 - my original intention if not getting a used original watch. I could take my classic dive watch snorkeling but my wife's been doing no phone hikes and MTB rides with her S2 2-6 times a week so the $100 was worth it. More and more I'm glad I spent that $100.
    02-12-2017 07:18 AM
    When I bought my S1 from Target for 229 the price difference was 170 plus tax. That S2 wasn't worth that to me.
    02-12-2017 08:22 AM
    When I bought my S1 from Target for 229 the price difference was 170 plus tax. That S2 wasn't worth that to me.
    Nice. My S2 came from Target. It was the only one they had in a 100 mi circle, no discount on the few S1, and to my surprise no discount on the original watches in the store.

I'm sure more availability will help for more bargains.
    02-12-2017 08:53 AM
    No doubt. As time goes on more deals will be had!!
    02-12-2017 10:25 AM
    That's a BIG difference. Were they the same size and same band?
    02-12-2017 02:30 PM
    That's a BIG difference. Were they the same size and same band?
    Yes. 42mm Space Gray with black sports band. The 38mm S1 was on sale for 199!!
    02-12-2017 02:42 PM
    Yes. 42mm Space Gray with black sports band. The 38mm S1 was on sale for 199!!
    So there must be much higher demand for the S2 if there's that much price difference.
    02-12-2017 03:18 PM
    So there must be much higher demand for the S2 if there's that much price difference.
    Probably so. Anytime a new product is discounted it means more supply than demand. Retailers and manufacturers don't give money away for no reason.
    02-12-2017 03:20 PM
    The $229 was a special sale price. As of today, Target has it back at $279/$299. As for why the Series 1 went on sale and not the Series 2, it may be as simple as Apple trying to protect the price on the "flagship" watch, so they won't allow retailers to offer sales on it.
    02-12-2017 09:30 PM
    The $229 was a special sale price. As of today, Target has it back at $279/$299. As for why the Series 1 went on sale and not the Series 2, it may be as simple as Apple trying to protect the price on the "flagship" watch, so they won't allow retailers to offer sales on it.
    Doubt we will see any discounts on the Series 2. At least, not until the Series 3 arrives. Even then, might not be much! We shall see.
    02-13-2017 08:51 AM
    Doubt we will see any discounts on the Series 2. At least, not until the Series 3 arrives. Even then, might not be much! We shall see.
    It makes no sense to have that discount on the 2 because of the low or no inventory. When we were shopping either side of new year the Series 2 inventory was low or nonexistent. It doesn't appear much different now. Last night we did errands at same Target we got one of our watches at. No S2 in the case, few Series 1, and still an original. It looks that way all over my county where the Apple Store doesn't have a lot either.
    02-14-2017 06:04 AM
    I use it for running and cycling and because of that I got the S2. Had I not needed the waterproofing I'd have got the S1
    02-14-2017 06:27 AM
45 12