Best band to go with this watch?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I got the Aluminum Rose gold watch and currently have the band that came with it( Midnight Blue sports band) and a Blue nylon band. Curious into would a Leather band look good with this watch? Also where can I find a good cheap one since I don't want to pay $129 for the Apple one.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
There are loads n loads of "Apple" watch straps, bands and bracelets on Ebay and Amazon at very good prices.

I am not that pride sensitive and tend to avoid third party stuff but will because I don't want to pay $140 for a strap. Any suggestions with links would be grateful. I've looked at some on amazon but not 100% sure if they are real.

SamNatale

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I am not that pride sensitive and tend to avoid third party stuff but will because I don't want to pay $140 for a strap. Any suggestions with links would be grateful. I've looked at some on amazon but not 100% sure if they are real.

I've bought Moko and Top4cus from Amazon and was pleasantly surprised with both. Read the reviews, especially the negative ones. Not sure if I trust anything from eBay but I'd like to hear from others.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
For sports bands, you can't beat Moko brand, available from Amazon.com. Other than the fact that the material is ever so slightly thinner, these are the closest thing you'll find to an Apple sports band. For nylon bands, I bought a Kartice (again, from Amazon) and it seems identical to the one Apple nylon band I own.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I own about 30 bands. Some of them are the generic ones and others are not. The cheaper leather bands are pleather or are very stiff and uncomfortable to wear. I did find one on Amazon made by Rugged Material that was top notch Those bands cost close to $90 but they are top quality.

For the Sports Bands, I have bought Moko and overall been turned off by them, Initially I was very pleased with the band but over time, the notch that attaches to the band would fly off so, I stopped wearing that one.

For the metal link band, I bought the Moko as well as some others that ranged from $45-$100. Sometimes the butterfly fastener would require periodic pressing throughout the day as the fastener would come loose and other times it would catch on my clothes.

For the Milanese Loop, I bought that from Ebay and had it shipped from China. Periodically, the band would loosen throughout the day and from wearing after the first week, lost its shine.

I have bought a Nomad Leather case for my IP7+ and that was my first leather case. I like the rugged look of the leather and the overall feel. The buttons are a little stiff and when I compared it against my wife's IP7+ Apple leather case, there is a difference, For one, the buttons are much easier to press and the leather feels more padded. My Nomad leather case, after using it for about a week, is starting to wear and blacken along some of the edges which is a concern of mine.

I bought my wife an Apple leather band and was very impressed with it. I know this is not what you want to hear but, IMO there is a reason why they charge as much as they do, The materials and quality are hard to beat. From now on, I will buy only Apple bands and cases. I am not a fan boy and I hate buying these items at their price but, I would rather have a quality top notch product over 10 of the generic ones.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I own about 30 bands. Some of them are the generic ones and others are not. The cheaper leather bands are pleather or are very stiff and uncomfortable to wear. I did find one on Amazon made by Rugged Material that was top notch Those bands cost close to $90 but they are top quality.

For the Sports Bands, I have bought Moko and overall been turned off by them, Initially I was very pleased with the band but over time, the notch that attaches to the band would fly off so, I stopped wearing that one.

For the metal link band, I bought the Moko as well as some others that ranged from $45-$100. Sometimes the butterfly fastener would require periodic pressing throughout the day as the fastener would come loose and other times it would catch on my clothes.

For the Milanese Loop, I bought that from Ebay and had it shipped from China. Periodically, the band would loosen throughout the day and from wearing after the first week, lost its shine.

I have bought a Nomad Leather case for my IP7+ and that was my first leather case. I like the rugged look of the leather and the overall feel. The buttons are a little stiff and when I compared it against my wife's IP7+ Apple leather case, there is a difference, For one, the buttons are much easier to press and the leather feels more padded. My Nomad leather case, after using it for about a week, is starting to wear and blacken along some of the edges which is a concern of mine.

I bought my wife an Apple leather band and was very impressed with it. I know this is not what you want to hear but, IMO there is a reason why they charge as much as they do, The materials and quality are hard to beat. From now on, I will buy only Apple bands and cases. I am not a fan boy and I hate buying these items at their price but, I would rather have a quality top notch product over 10 of the generic ones.

Yeah I am no fanboy but I've came to appreciate Apple products over the years. I actually bought a cheaper third party dock for my watch and hated it and ponied up for the Apple one and love it. Might have to end up buying a band from Apple but I would prefer not to. $130 for a leather band :(

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I bought my wife an Apple leather band and was very impressed with it. I know this is not what you want to hear but, IMO there is a reason why they charge as much as they do,

I'm of the same opinion. I saw the Classic Buckle band in person at the Apple Store and it is beautiful, and very well crafted.

I hate buying these items at their price but, I would rather have a quality top notch product over 10 of the generic ones.

Again we're in agreement. This is not a point of pride at all, but an appreciation of something well made. There are many fine third-party bands (it's just a hassle to find which ones they are). Regarding leather bands, there are some nice one at a lesser price, but I haven't found one that's close enough in looks to the Apple CB band (LOL!) to tempt me.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm of the same opinion. I saw the Classic Buckle band in person at the Apple Store and it is beautiful, and very well crafted.

Again we're in agreement. This is not a point of pride at all, but an appreciation of something well made. There are many fine third-party bands (it's just a hassle to find which ones they are). Regarding leather bands, there are some nice one at a lesser price, but I haven't found one that's close enough in looks to the Apple CB band (LOL!) to tempt me.

From my shopping, Rugged Material sold on Amazon comes the closest but at a price point close to $100, it makes me wonder about whether I should just go with the Genuine Apple band. IMO the apple one sits a little better and goes with the flow better.
16b86c74d7fcbd7ff4e0f614a293e7d6.jpg

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Rugged Material...

From what I've seen most of the leather bands, even the better leather stuff, tends to have a heavy, rugged look, better suited to a 'work' watch. The Apple CB, like the Herm?s bands, has a more refined, elegant look which I prefer for the AWSS. AW Gold Sport, and Gold Aluminum. That's what I'm going for. It's still a little pricey.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Ended up getting an AW series 2 SS and love it with the Red Sports band. Also got a Blue classic buckle for $100 after Gift cards and paying for 1 day shipping.

sgchick

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
I got the Aluminum Rose gold watch and currently have the band that came with it( Midnight Blue sports band) and a Blue nylon band. Curious into would a Leather band look good with this watch? Also where can I find a good cheap one since I don't want to pay $129 for the Apple one.
I ordered a couple bands from Casetify.....I liked that you could see the band with whatever color case you had. I don't know about the quality yet, but here's a link.. https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...tions%2Fapple-watch-42mm%23%2F&token=FoouoQCJ

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox