Is it worth buying an Apple Watch at all?

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone,
So the day that I'll buy my first Apple Watch is approaching. While I think it's a great device and it will help in a lot of things, I've been wondering if someone finds it a bit gimmicky or not that useful... I would use it mainly to handle notifications and read e-mails or control my phone's music and my smart lights.
Thanks everyone

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Odd choice for a subject line from someone who purports to think ' it's a great device and it will help in a lot of things'.

There will always be someone who finds anything 'useless', 'not very useful' or a 'gimmick'. If you do a search, you will find many, many threads on what people who have the Watch, think of it.

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Odd choice for a subject line from someone who purports to think ' it's a great device and it will help in a lot of things'.

There will always be someone who finds anything 'useless', 'not very useful' or a 'gimmick'. If you do a search, you will find many, many threads on what people who have the Watch, think of it.

Well I do find it's useful for what I've seen I'm sorry that I didn't express myself that clearly. What I wanted to know is if it indeed was useful or if it seemed useful. And I know I could find some topics, but most talk about fitness and that's not something I'm into. And perhaps since more time has passed people could have even a cleared opinion on it. Nevertheless thanks!

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm kind of a geek when it comes to electronic device and all, but I find smart watches to be king of too much. I mean, the day I will find it too demanding to take my phone out of my pocket to check my text, I will get one lol.

On the other hand, if you run or exercise a lot, its a nice thing to track your activities.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of a geek when it comes to electronic device and all, but I find smart watches to be king of too much. I mean, the day I will find it too demanding to take my phone out of my pocket to check my text, I will get one lol.

On the other hand, if you run or exercise a lot, its a nice thing to track your activities.

It's also good for meetings. It's kind of rude to take your phone out when you're in a meeting or performing certain tasks at work or for your business. A quick glance at your wrist might actually be useful.

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
It's also good for meetings. It's kind of rude to take your phone out when you're in a meeting or performing certain tasks at work or for your business. A quick glance at your wrist might actually be useful.

Good point yes.
Maybe I'll get one after all, my girlfriend is always telling me to stop playing with my phone lol.

Last edited:

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
When I say it saved my life, I am not exaggerating, the app HeartWatch warned me of my heart rate spiking at times up to 138bpm, I have heart disease, the hospital put a machine on to check and it collaborated what my watch was telling me and I am now going through further treatment. Yes it is useful.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Of cause it's "a bit gimmicky" ? that's its point!
But if your into a bit gimmicky stuff, which I for example am, than it's really cool.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Many people rightfully find the Watch to be useless. For many folks it is useless. To find the Watch useful you have to have a specific use case or purpose in mind. For me, I receive so many notifications throughout the day that I prefer to have them on my wrist simply to avoid needing to pick up the phone all the time. I also benefit from Apple Pay and occasional phone call taken on my wrist. Overall, for me the Watch is worth it but I definitely would not recommend it to everyone. You need to have a use case.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
All comes down to the user. I personally find it to be useless and gimmicky which is why I haven't purchased one. But it can also work out well for your needs.

Also, I actually received one as a gift and sold it right away.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Exactly. This is the Apple Watch forum. I'm going to guess the vast majority of the regulars here like their watch(s) very much.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I don't run or exercise a lot but I love my watch. Notifications, instant glance at weather, tracking my water intake, seeing next meeting, etc. are all invaluable.

To the OP, if you don't need GPS, yes, the gen 1 watch is still a great buy and the pricing is even better than what those of us who got them last year paid ;)

j rosado65

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
very useful without a doubt, answer calls quickly from your wrist, read messages, emails,what more can a person want. dont sleep on convenience. hope that helped you.

i hope you came out of that episode with a positive, but yes the watch is amazing, thats a perfect example on why is important to have one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW