Do you use Siri on your Watch?

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Wondering who uses Siri on their watch and if so, what for. At the moment I don't use it on either my phone or watch although with the watch it's mostly because I've not looked into what it can do yet

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Not much. Sometimes to initiate a call when I'm in the car but I generally don't use it.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I use Siri regularly. It's easy to set times, reminders, Calender events, open some apps, and starts phone call.

Using Siri with the Watch is really convenient for asking questions though occasionally you may have to go to the phone for answers.

I bought the Watch to get notifications and to use Apple Pay, and had no idea I'd use Siri so much, mainly because it's so much more convenient than getting out the phone.

knoxDavid

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have only had my watch for a few days but I have used Siri already. I checked the score on game 7 of the world series a couple of times (before I was able to get home and watch the end of the game). Go Cubs!

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I use Siri all the time on the watch, more than on the phone.

I'm able to open my bank app to check balances as well as use it for sending a quick text, set timers, and getting directions.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Question for the Apple Watch users with Hey Siri enabled on their phone. Do the Watch and iPhone get confused on who should respond to the Hey Siri query?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Question for the Apple Watch users with Hey Siri enabled on their phone. Do the Watch and iPhone get confused on who should respond to the Hey Siri query?

Normally, no. 'Hey, Siri' only works on the phone when it's plugged in. If you're charging the phone it can (and has) responded along with the Watch. This has been an occasional problem when using the phone in the car. It's in a cradle and powered, so I drop my arm so the Watch doesn't hear.

aokusman1 said:
I don't use Siri period. It's a joke.

Those of us who use Siri regularly are all laughing.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
That was true on the 6 and before but starting with the 6s models, "hey Siri" works on battery as well.

Ah, noted, thanks. I'm still on a 5s. I'm assuming (aaack!) that this can be turned off in the phone's Settings. This is what I'd do since having a Watch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wondering who uses Siri on their watch and if so, what for. At the moment I don't use it on either my phone or watch although with the watch it's mostly because I've not looked into what it can do yet

Count me in among those who use Siri on the Watch.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like I'll have to look into Siri on the watch then. I think like others I've had indifferent experiences with it on the phone and not gone back to it

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I did it once, merely to say I did it. But, then again I'm not into the whole voice thing much. For the second time since I've owned an Apple Watch, I answered a phone call via the watch. Felt weird...

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I use it all the time, I think it's great for actions such as setting a timer, an alarm, a reminder etc. – but on the Watch it's really not very good at giving you info (like what's on my calendar etc.).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal