Apple Watch Series 2 Battery Life

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
How's the battery life holding up on your Apple Watch Series 2?

So far for me, I get a good 2.5 days on a charge, but I usually charge it at the end of day 2. Honestly it's a bit more than I want to charge (am used to a 3-5 day cycle with Fitbit), but not a huge deal.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I charge mine daily by putting it on my bedside cabinet and making use of nightstand mode. It's 6pm here and I've got 76% left (no use of bluetooth music or GPS today) so I think I'd get 2 days if I was away and forgot the charger but 3 would be pushing it. On one hand I've come from a Garmin where a weekly charge was plenty so it's much worse than that but given that I was expecting only a single day charge out of it, it's much better than I expected

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Kinda my thoughts too. For some reason I was expecting a daily charge. Nice to have the option for at least 2 days if needed. I suspect when the weather is nicer and I start using the GPS heavily for outdoor workouts, daily charges will be the norm.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
After a half hour run on Sunday morning, with music, it had only used about 10% battery so unless you're tracking long activities I think 2 day battery life will still be possible for many people

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

So far for me, I get a good 2.5 days on a charge, but I usually charge it at the end of day 2. Honestly it's a bit more than I want to charge (am used to a 3-5 day cycle with Fitbit), but not a huge deal.

Mine is holding up pretty well. Currently on the 2nd day and still has a solid charge. Use it throughout the day, I'm not what you would call a heavy user by any means but I get a good amount of notifications so holding up well.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

Im happy with that. Not having to charge something every night is already ticking one box. Obviously, the main goal is to charge something once a week. But we will get there in time :)

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what he meant either... but if it helps, I do at least half an hour a day on the treadmill. Nice brisk jog. The watch lasts me through two days, I usually charge it every other night.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I usually take mines off the charger around 7 AM and it's around 30% by the time I go to sleep around 12-2AM. Today I took it off at 9 AM and it's currently at 75% around 6:45 pm

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
The mrore you let you Watches run low, the quicker it uses up battery cycles. I try not to let mine drop below 50% or more. Apple has often replaced computer and phone batteries outside of warranty when they fail to charge but have a low cycle count, at no cost to the owner. I don't know about watches.

I wish there was an app like coconutBattery for the Watch. The latest version also supports iOS devices when their plugged into a computer.

coconutBattery 3.4 - by coconut-flavour.com

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The mrore you let you Watches run low, the quicker it uses up battery cycles. I try not to let mine drop below 50% or more. Apple has often replaced computer and phone batteries outside of warranty when they fail to charge but have a low cycle count, at no cost to the owner. I don't know about watches.

I wish there was an app like coconutBattery for the Watch. The latest version also supports iOS devices when their plugged into a computer.

coconutBattery 3.4 - by coconut-flavour.com

Doesn't really matter.... And if it does dies than i have Apple care plus

anon(8910885)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
1-2 day battery life is already awesome by smartwatches standard, given that the Apple watch can do more than fitness tracking - a lot more apps and capabilities

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

At this stage there's so much on the net about how to maximise battery life, 90% of which was never true, or used to be true but is no longer, that I just use my devices and don't think to deeply about it. I could spend the next 12 months following some advice only to find out that I've been wasting my time as the advice was wrong. The only thing I do is try to avoid letting my devices get so low that they power off. I figure that the battery will be fine for a couple of years and by then there'll be a newer watch that I'll probably want anyway.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
At this stage there's so much on the net about how to maximise battery life, 90% of which was never true, or used to be true but is no longer, that I just use my devices and don't think to deeply about it.

Unfortunately, drilling through battery cycles is still a real thing. It'll be interesting to see the Watches battery life spans and use cases.

To that end, I'll still try to keep the battery from discharging below 50%. It's convenient for me to charge every night. When I can get two days use and be at 50% or above, then I'll charge every other day.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
As it is a typical day for me will be a 30 minute run using watch GPS, maybe track a second non-GPS workout that will use the HR monitor plus other use and I tend to get to the end of the day above 50% and I do take the watch off and charge it. That said, days when I use more GPS I'm not going to sweat about it.

It seems to me that whatever you do with devices like phones and watches you're into borrowed time after about 2 years when they get heavy daily use. My iPhone 6 has just gone over 2 years (bought on launch day) and the battery life has fallen off a cliff lately to the point that I'm going to see about a new battery for it next time in town (maybe this weekend). My iPhone 4S was fairly similar.

Fable

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I was going away this weekend and I took it off the charger at 9am Friday. It went back on the charger at 1pm on Sunday. It was still at 24% charge. Pretty solid in my book as normally I charge it every night.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods