Unique problem - wearing on left wrist, but also left handed

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Here's a bit of a pickle. Listen up.

I write left handed, but for MOST things, I'm right handed. When it comes to watches, I like to wear them on my left wrist, BUT, I also write with my left hand... SO... when it comes to texting or performing other operations on the Apple Watch screen, having to do this with your non-writing hand can be, at times, tricky!

I really don't want to wear the watch on my right wrist, so it's a bit of a unique problem.

Anyone else out there in the same situation? Guess I'll just have to learn how to deal! :)

olearydan

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
As a left hander as well I do wear my watch on my right wrist. But from the sounds of it you are quite ambidextious and are pretty efficient with your right hand. As all us left-handers must be. I'm guessing you'll overcome any awkwardness manipulating the watch with your right hand in the first couple days.

Cheers,
Dan

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Same boat here. I've gotten quite used to right-handed operation on my Apple Watch. I can't sketch to save my life but I make it work!

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here, left handed but have always worn my watch on my left arm.

I have gotten used to using my right hand with no issue though, just some basic habit forming, maybe a week at max.

I guess I am saying learn to deal is the solution lol. And voice dictation is your friend here also.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I write left handed but for a lot of other things I can use either hand. I have my watch on my left hand simple because it feels more natural than on my right.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I wear mine on my left (any Watch) and I write left 95% of the time and am otherwise right handed. I just ordered the S1 and I'm debating the S2 if it's worth the extra money...

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm a little ambidextrous (mouse and eat left-handed), but definitely prefer my watch on the left wrist. And that leaves room on my right wrist for my new Fitbit Flex 2. :)

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered the S1 and I'm debating the S2 if it's worth the extra money...

I have an S2 because I wanted the extra brightness of the screen. It's not that bright, I don't need waterproofing, and I've yet to use the GPS, sooooo... One day the GPS could come in handy, but I could have been very happy with the S1.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
As a left hander as well I do wear my watch on my right wrist. But from the sounds of it you are quite ambidextious and are pretty efficient with your right hand. As all us left-handers must be. I'm guessing you'll overcome any awkwardness manipulating the watch with your right hand in the first couple days.

Cheers,
Dan

It IS getting better. Have mostly adjusted. Using my right hand to scribble notes, open apps, and basically interface with the screen is much better now.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I too am a wrong hander wearing my Apple Watch and the wrong wrist and using my right hand to operate. I've worn watches on the wrong wrist my whole life though so any awkwardness was gone years ago. Lol

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am a lefty and wear on right wrist. I do some things right handed but could never get used to a watch on left hand...a bracelet is not a problem though. I think it is because I always have worn on right wrist....

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I am a lefty and wear on right wrist. I do some things right handed but could never get used to a watch on left hand...a bracelet is not a problem though. I think it is because I always have worn on right wrist....
Exactly! If I'm not wearing my Apple Watch, my Breitling goes on my right wrist, and my Fitbit on my left wrist. I was always taught your watch goes on your non-dominant arm, and that's what I've always done.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Same here. My mom also tried to make me right handed. Not good. She was told to not force me to be right handed. But am in my right mind. Lol

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here. My mom also tried to make me right handed. Not good. She was told to not force me to be right handed. But am in my right mind. Lol

Almost the same here other than it was my teachers despite my pediatrician telling my parents not to let them do that. I do some things right handed like shooting, and playing golf and tennis, but I can only write left handed! I know almost no left handed people, but in college there were three of us who say together, and in my ex-fiance's family, her parents, two sisters, and brother were left handed and she was the only right handed one. She clearly wasn't in her right mind 😂

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Lol. I had to take golf in college. Right handed. In high school I took home ec and needed left handed scissors. I steam now. No ironing but ironed right handed. Definitely eat and write left handed. Used to have two roommates yrs ago and we were all left handed. We had 2 drs in our family. My mom's cousins. Said not to force me so she stopped.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Lol. I had to take golf in college. Right handed. In high school I took home ec and needed left handed scissors. I steam now. No ironing but ironed right handed. Definitely eat and write left handed. Used to have two roommates yrs ago and we were all left handed. We had 2 drs in our family. My mom's cousins. Said not to force me so she stopped.
I can't play golf left handed to save my life. Interestingly enough I have a family member who's right handed but can only golf left handed. Left handed people are at a huge disadvantage in school, just look at the desks that were made for right handed people. I too iron right handed, but can't use left handed scissors at all!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73