My Nike+ Watch has arrived!!!

passedpast

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Received my Nike Apple Watch 10/28.
3 runs completed.
The Watch itself is great.
The Nike software is lacking
1. NRC won't recognize my Wahoo HRM. the Watch does, however. Having to use the wrist HRM hogs the battery. Also, you aren't able to place the hr number and by default it's very small in the upper left of the Watch face. On one run I ran with the Wahoo app so i could easily see the number with NRC in the background and when I switched back to nrc it had closed and the run data was gone.
2. Not able to put pace front and center. NRC gives you 3 options. Speed, distance and duration. When you choose speed the Watch screen prompts you to use the app with the phone. It does not do this with distance and duration. So I chose distance and ithe app starts up fine with the distance metric front and center, but the important pace is a tiny blur of a number.
3. The inability to configure the running metrics on the Watch face as I can on my Garmin is a huge disappointment
4. Spoke to a NRC support person today who is aware of the glitches and said Nike is working to improve the app.
5. Etc etc. I could go on, but.....anyway, I'll stick with my trusted Garmin 920 and just partner my runs to Nike because the software on the phone is fun, just not comfortable to run with. The Watch is great but I'll stick with my version zero and send this one back to Apple

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Received my Nike Apple Watch 10/28.
3 runs completed.
The Watch itself is great.
The Nike software is lacking
1. NRC won't recognize my Wahoo HRM. the Watch does, however. Having to use the wrist HRM hogs the battery. Also, you aren't able to place the hr number and by default it's very small in the upper left of the Watch face. On one run I ran with the Wahoo app so i could easily see the number with NRC in the background and when I switched back to nrc it had closed and the run data was gone.
2. Not able to put pace front and center. NRC gives you 3 options. Speed, distance and duration. When you choose speed the Watch screen prompts you to use the app with the phone. It does not do this with distance and duration. So I chose distance and ithe app starts up fine with the distance metric front and center, but the important pace is a tiny blur of a number.
3. The inability to configure the running metrics on the Watch face as I can on my Garmin is a huge disappointment
4. Spoke to a NRC support person today who is aware of the glitches and said Nike is working to improve the app.
5. Etc etc. I could go on, but.....anyway, I'll stick with my trusted Garmin 920 and just partner my runs to Nike because the software on the phone is fun, just not comfortable to run with. The Watch is great but I'll stick with my version zero and send this one back to Apple

Thanks for the summary. I'm recovering from injury so can't run with my new Nike+ watch, but can't wait to try. From what I've read about NRC, I may stick with Strava. Haven't tried runkeeper in awhile. That was my favorite until I got the AW. It was horrible on AW. If it has improved, I may go back to it. How much does the battery drain using GPS and HRM?

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
You can use an app like RunGap on the app store and export it straight to Strava that way from the Nike+ app. The app itself is free, but exporting to other apps is an in app purchase I believe, but I'm told it works well.
Have tried RunGap but couldn't recommend it at the moment. It doesn't really do anything that you can't do manually in Strava because it only exports the basic details such as time and distance, you don't get the route map into your feed. It also exports runs as treadmill runs which you then have to correct. It's more work using it than not.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
How did you speak to a NRC support person? I'd like to do the same. The more feedback they get, the greater chance of the app being fixed I'd guess. Things like configurable fields should be easy to sort out; whether they'll support export to Strava I suppose is more of a corporate thing but I think they'll lose more runners than they gain by being stubborn and preventing exporting.

SamNatale

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Besides the band, is there any real difference between the Nike+ and the AW2? Are there different watch faces that you only get with the Nike?

If anyone gets a knock off band, please tell us how they rate compared to the real thing.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
...is there any real difference between the Nike+ and the AW2? Are there different watch faces that you only get with the Nike?

1) Yes, see #2, below

2) Yes

Beyond the above and what you've noted, and the inclusion of the Nike app, there are no other differences.

mamuwaldie

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday and paired it today. Had to deal with an issue with the activity app not filling up at all. Anyways, I did the chat thing with Apple and ended up having to unpair my old and new watch, and then pairing the new one with the old back up to get it to work.

My question now is to anyone with experience running with the new watch, does the Nike Run Club app information integrate with the Apple workout and activity app? In other words, if I run using the NRC app, will the info show in the Apple Activity app with all of the workout data, like when you use the Apple workout app? I have always used the Apple app for runs, since I bought the series zero watch after it launched in 2015. I use to use a Nike watch and have data from when I last used it almost two years ago, when I log on to NRC. Also if they don't integrate, can you use both apps simultaneously?

PatrickNSF

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
To import your Nike+ data to Strava (or elsewhere) try linking your Nike+ account to smashrun.com (the free version should work). And from there you can use a site like tapiriik.com to populate Strava, Garmin, etc. I'm still playing around with it – and switching on- and off- between my AW and my Garmin – but it's been reported to work.

mamuwaldie

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Just got back from a short run to test it out. I started with the NRC app and then activated the Apple app soon after. The Applewatch app cancelled out the NRC app right away. I did it without my phone and it appears to be accurate as far as distance and pace. When I checked out the activity log on my phone, the data from both apps appeared (although the NRC data was only about a minutes worth). I'll try using just the NRC app only next time.

mstacheef

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday and paired it today. Had to deal with an issue with the activity app not filling up at all. Anyways, I did the chat thing with Apple and ended up having to unpair my old and new watch, and then pairing the new one with the old back up to get it to work.

My question now is to anyone with experience running with the new watch, does the Nike Run Club app information integrate with the Apple workout and activity app? In other words, if I run using the NRC app, will the info show in the Apple Activity app with all of the workout data, like when you use the Apple workout app? I have always used the Apple app for runs, since I bought the series zero watch after it launched in 2015. I use to use a Nike watch and have data from when I last used it almost two years ago, when I log on to NRC. Also if they don't integrate, can you use both apps simultaneously?

Yes, runs in NRC do show up in the Apple activity app. The nrc app does have some nice features but until they add average pace to the run screen on the watch I'll be sticking with the stock exercise app.

dirtbiker0025

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Quick question.. for anyone with a series 1 sport band did the holes ever elongate and make it easier to come undone? mine hasn't done this on my s2 watch but just wondering if its a concern that i should worry about down the road.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Quick question.. for anyone with a series 1 sport band did the holes ever elongate and make it easier to come undone? mine hasn't done this on my s2 watch but just wondering if its a concern that i should worry about down the road.

I don't know if anything elongated, but it got easier to take it on and off bc I got used to it. I don't feel my Nike+ watch is more difficult to manage than my series 0.

dirtbiker0025

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if anything elongated, but it got easier to take it on and off bc I got used to it. I don't feel my Nike+ watch is more difficult to manage than my series 0.

I was referring to if over time it would be easier for it to fall off because the band wouldn't maintain their grip so to say. just wondering thats all. don't want to be running and have a 400 watch fall off my wrist.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I think if this was going to happen it would be gradual and you'd notice it happening over time each time you put the watch on with the hole getting gradually less snug rather than an out of the blue failure. (That's pure speculation on my part though)
I guess the other question is are they like a lot of other plasticky watch straps where you get a tiny nick in the side of the strap and that leads to a full on failure of the strap? Maybe they're more durable these days but I remember with old digital watches it was usually the strap that died before the watch did.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I agree with Straightlineboy. The difference between well made and cheap is reliability. I think a good band, if it's going to stretch (stainless steel bands do) and not return to exactly to spec, will do so over time. That should be easily noticed and prevented.

Anything could fail catastrophically, but I don't think that will be a common occurrence with a good quality band.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Never had that with mine, and have had it just a hair over 1 year. I do rotate bands though. None of them have shown any indication they will elongate. Even then, if it does, you can get a new band. But I've never even considered it to be an issue, even with bands I wear more than others (I have 3 total)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh