Apple Watch Series 2 What do I do???

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I am planning on getting this watch within the coming weeks but I had this question and wondered if I was in the same boat as any other people and what might be different between the two.

I have been waffling back and forth between the Series 2 and the Nike + Series 2. Other than the watch band and some running apps are there any other differences? I mean, they are the same price, but is the original Series 2 lacking anything else? I am not a runner but I think the Nike + is really cool looking and am thinking since they are the same price that I should just go with the Nike + and then just buy a couple different bands for it when I am tired of the original.

Does anyone know if there are any other differences between these two watches (software or app wise) that might persuade me to go one way or the other or am I just way overthinking this???? Thanks for all your responses.:)

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
My Nike+ watch arrives tomorrow so will be better able to answer then but as far as I know the differences are the bands, some Nike themed watch faces and possibly some siri commands for the Nike+ app. I think for non-runners if you like the bands then get one, there's no downside that I'm aware of, but perhaps I'll know differently tomorrow if there's some hideous Nike feature that won't turn off!

cheli007

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
From everything I've read, there's no "negative" if you get the Nike+ edition. You won't miss out on any feature. If you buy the regular series 2, however, you won't be able to get the Nike watch bands. Just saw yesterday that they won't be sold separately.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I like the Nike watch bands. The regular silicon ones causes a rash to appear on my wrist. I had another watch that had a silicone band and it did that. I bought a band with holes and it took care of the issues with the rashes. Air went in and moisture went out.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
At the end of day 1 with mine I'd say there's no downside to getting the Nike watch for non-runners who just like the straps. I don't have an angry man from Nike shouting at me while I'm on the sofa with my feet up or anything bad like that! Different people may have different opinions but I'm finding the strap to be very comfortable

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
From everything I've read, there's no "negative" if you get the Nike+ edition. You won't miss out on any feature. If you buy the regular series 2, however, you won't be able to get the Nike watch bands. Just saw yesterday that they won't be sold separately.

In addition to that edition, there are some Nike+ only watch faces that won't be available for a regular S2. These are runner oriented for a quick look at the time. One face that I saw had some runner metrics organized to be easily read while running. This is a watch face and in the Nike app.

The app can be downloaded to any Watch, and does GPS when out on a regular S2. Knockoff bands are available (though there aren't any reviews just yet). So the only difference that can be had elsewhere are the clock faces. I really like the look, and am not a runner. But I can pose with the best of them, and convert the Watch to look 'regular' if I'm going to be around real runners.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner