watchOS 3.1 is Now Available

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
watchOS 3.1 is now available from Apple Watch app > General > Software Update.

About this Updated lists a few of the points of the Update. iOS10.1 is out also, but doesn't appear to be needed for the Watch update.

wOS3.1.png

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what they did but I went from having to charge daily to being left with 60% at the end of my work day with 3.1. Personally as long as I make it through my total day I'm fine because I charge nightly. But it's good to know on those days where I'm up moving around later that I don't have to worry about charging. Crazy how a software update made such a difference.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but it happens all the time. Sometimes with MacBooks, but more often with iDevices.

This is my first venture into the Apple Watch world. But I've had iPhones since the 4. I've never seen such a dramatic increase. Usually I don't notice much of a difference in terms of battery life on my phones or iPads. (I've also had iPads since the first one).

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Usually I don't notice much of a difference in terms of battery life on my phones or iPads. (I've also had iPads since the first one)

I'm glad it worked out for you. Battery life is a roller coaster for sure. There are always people who seem to suffer poor battery life with a new product or OS update. I don't think I've ever been impacted. Battery life in all my iDevices has been pretty standard, in keeping nearly with Apple specs. It helps that after a few weeks of use, that I turn off something that I don't use, but by no means strip down the functionality.

My routine with the AWS2 hasn't changed from my original AWs, so maybe I should make a point of checking battery life. But so far, LG.

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else now not seeing names on text messages/iMessage since 3.1 just the phone number?...could just be me though.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I went into the Watch app on the phone, deleted the beta profile, then restarted both the Watch and phone. That did it.

ram2022

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I've tried that the beta update keeps on showing up. Do I just need to wait till regular version catchers up to the beta currently installed

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77