second hand

dirtbiker0025

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
So im suppose to meet up tomorrow and possibly buy one second hand. is there any way to tell the difference between series 2 and series 1? Also is there a way to make sure its not stolen and black listed?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've set up my gen 1 watch right there at the door opening where I bought it from a lady. During the process it asked for her password and it took her some time to remember the right one. Apparently she forgot to remove the Watch from her Apple ID prior to the meet.

After you're done setting it up, check the back of the watch for the serial number, open https://checkcoverage.apple.com and the watch should appear there with all of its information.

Last edited:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
The S2 has a Pool Swim and Open Water Swim mode in the Workout menu because it's water resistant to 50m. I don't know that the S1 would have that.

Au Al S2.jpg

I don't know that the S1 would have that, since it isn't water-resistant to 50m and Apple wouldn't want to be seen as encouraging a swim. Maybe someone with an S1 can confirm or deny?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I've set up my gen 1 watch right there at the door opening where I bought it from a lady.

Good move! I read somewhere else that a buyer got home only to find he couldn't pair the Watch because it 'belonged' to someone else. A phone call got it sorted, but it was a little inconvenient.

If you found the seller from Craig's List, suggest you meet in the lobby of your local police dept. Not that all sellers from CL are bad, but one man's paranoia is another man's 'careful'.

I don't think there's anyway to tell if it's stolen, at least not from Apple. And there's no 'blacklist' database that I've ever heard of. You might ask the seller if he/she is known to NCIC. :)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Good move! I read somewhere else that a buyer got home only to find he couldn't pair the Watch because it 'belonged' to someone else. A phone call got it sorted, but it was a little inconvenient.

If you found the seller from Craig's List, suggest you meet in the lobby of your local police dept. Not that all sellers from CL are bad, but one man's paranoia is another man's 'careful'.

I don't think there's anyway to tell if it's stolen, at least not from Apple. And there's no 'blacklist' database that I've ever heard of. You might ask the seller if he/she is known to NCIC. :)

It's custom to meet at the train station or at someone's home when buying from eBay or the Dutch equivalent. I'm from the Netherlands.

dirtbiker0025

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the biggest hint was he deleted his post on craigslist. why would you delete your ad if you didn't sell? haha im not getting murdered tonight lol

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Does the person have the original packaging? I always keep packaging in case I decide to sell. But that's me. I am honest. Also ask that has a clean ESN. I don't trust people on Craig's List. I have had friends get ripped off. And even worse horror stories on people. Be careful. I would buy from ebay. 100% protection and if you are ripped off, ebay gets your money back. I have been a member of ebay for many yrs and a buyer and a seller.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods