Sleeping with Apple Watch 2

miblev

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the original Apple Watch and sleep with it on in airplane mode. I only lose 5-10% of my battery at night. I have a friend who just bought the Apple Watch 2. She slept with it on (in airplane mode) and it went from 100% to 60% overnight. Has anyone tried sleeping with the new watch, and if so, had a similar or better result?

SamNatale

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I have the AW2 and have been using the Sleep Watch app. Last night I charged it right before going to bed so it was at 100%. This morning it was at 94%. I don't put it in airplane mode.

Cormack

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
@SamNatale How have you found the Sleep Watch app? I've been considering getting it, as I haven't found any other apps that try to auto-track your sleep (without having to manually start/stop) the way the FitBit does. Have you found it to be accurate? Reviews on the App Store seem to be mixed.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
This is an interesting thread. When I get my series 2 am going to give things a good test. Airplane mode is a solid idea, just not sure if really necessary!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I used Sleep++ for a few months and I didn't need to use Airplane mode. But I don't toss and turn. I usually wake up in what seems exactly the same position I was in when achieving Lights Out. I doubt my display came on much if at all. I woke up with very little battery used overnight.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
The few times I've slept with mine on was on an overnight flight. I put it in airplane mode and the battery drain (as best as I can recall) was definitely less than 10%.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I will wait to see how the battery life is on my AW2 when it arrives. If it is really good, I will sleep with it and ditch my fitbit surge, which is what I'm sleeping with right now. I don't sleep with it in airplane mode bc I get paged at night and need to be notified.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I don't sleep with it in airplane mode bc I get paged at night and need to be notified.

Speaking of being notified, I set an alarm for 3:00 (1500) but didn't realize that I set it 0300. The Taptic response on my wrist in the wee hours was—startling—to put in mildly.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of being notified, I set an alarm for 3:00 (1500) but didn't realize that I set it 0300. The Taptic response on my wrist in the wee hours was?startling?to put in mildly.

Lol. I use the 24 hour clock, so that doesn't happen to me much.

SamNatale

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
@SamNatale How have you found the Sleep Watch app? I've been considering getting it, as I haven't found any other apps that try to auto-track your sleep (without having to manually start/stop) the way the FitBit does. Have you found it to be accurate? Reviews on the App Store seem to be mixed.

Works fine. I've gone to bed fully charged and I'm at around 96% in the morning. It's rudimentary, sleep hours and heart rate average. My Fitbit Surge also told me if/when I was restless. I suggested that to the developer, they seem open to adding it.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the AW2 and have been using the Sleep Watch app. Last night I charged it right before going to bed so it was at 100%. This morning it was at 94%. I don't put it in airplane mode.

That seems about right. Losing 6% charge over an 8 hour time period..Personally i don't think airplane mode actually does anything. I've tried one on in the Apple store and its really nice though :)

SamNatale

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

I need to amend my earlier response. Sleep Watch updated their app to include more information. They now display your sleep quality on your iPhone, from Awake to Deep Sleep. So you get a visual on your restlessness. Seems to be pretty accurate too. I believe it now gives me as much information as my Fitbit Surge did.

No appreciable drain on the battery as far as I can tell. And I never put the watch in Airplane mode at night.

evornoss

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I went to bed with mine last night, using Sleep++ to measure my sleep. It was at 92% at 11pm when I enabled Airplane mode, woke up at 7am with 73% battery. Would you guys consider this normal? I thought it would loose less battery over a night.

SamNatale

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I went to bed with mine last night, using Sleep++ to measure my sleep. It was at 92% at 11pm when I enabled Airplane mode, woke up at 7am with 73% battery. Would you guys consider this normal? I thought it would loose less battery over a night.

AW2, went to bed last night at 99% woke up at 97%. About 7 hrs sleep. Sleep Watch, no airplane mode.

That's about the average battery use that I've been seeing.

evornoss

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
AW2, went to bed last night at 99% woke up at 97%. About 7 hrs sleep. Sleep Watch, no airplane mode.

That's about the average battery use that I've been seeing.

Is "Wake Screen on Wrist Raise ON" during sleep?

That is amazing, only losing 2% per 7hrs. Maybe its because of the App, I've been wanting to get Sleep Watch. Would you recommend it based on your experience? Reviews are not that great.

Please share what your settings are.. I would like to try your settings to see if I can get a similar result. (Brightness settings?, Reduce Motion On/Off?, Haptic Settings?, Background App Refresh On/Off?, etc). Thanks

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing the variance in nighttime battery life (or depletion for that matter) depends mostly on how much someone toss and turns or lays still.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox