Battery Life

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a S1 42mm Apple Watch yesterday and the battery seems to be draining extremely quickly. Within 10 hours, it has gone from a full charge to 46%. This is while sitting at my desk at work all day. Is this normal battery use?

sayred504

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
This is an answer I would love to see as well because I'm not sure of hrs or battery percentage I had left but I felt like my Watch drained kinda fast

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a S1 42mm Apple Watch yesterday and the battery seems to be draining extremely quickly. Within 10 hours, it has gone from a full charge to 46%. This is while sitting at my desk at work all day. Is this normal battery use?

No, that is not normal usage in my experience, and I've had my watch for almost a year and a half. After 9 hours today, I'm at 79%, and that's with getting email, text, Slack and sports-related alerts throughout the day. I recommend you go through each setting and make adjustments based on your needs. Also, if you have a good deal of apps installed in your watch, remove the ones you're not going to use.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
No, that is not normal usage in my experience, and I've had my watch for almost a year and a half. After 9 hours today, I'm at 79%, and that's with getting email, text, Slack and sports-related alerts throughout the day. I recommend you go through each setting and make adjustments based on your needs. Also, if you have a good deal of apps installed in your watch, remove the ones you're not going to use.

That's what I don't understand, I've only downloaded 2 3rd part apps--Google Maps and a calculator. My brightness is also at the minimum. I haven't used my watch for anything today except checking notifications and responding to a few texts.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's what I don't understand, I've only downloaded 2 3rd part apps--Google Maps and a calculator. My brightness is also at the minimum. I haven't used my watch for anything today except checking notifications and responding to a few texts.

Unless it's struggling to maintain a connection with your iPhone or Wi-Fi or you've downloaded a dedicated Watch app that's constantly phoning home or something, you shouldn't be losing that much battery power in that period of time, in my opinion.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Unless it's struggling to maintain a connection with your iPhone or Wi-Fi or you've downloaded a dedicated Watch app that's constantly phoning home or something, you shouldn't be losing that much battery power in that period of time, in my opinion.

Thanks. I'll give it a few charge cycles to see if it improves. If not, I'll have Apple take a look at it.

kenjaminli

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
The battery life on my Apple Watch 1st Gen running OS3 isn't as great as OS2.x, but it still gets through a day after 45 minutes-60 minutes workout (usually 20% left at around 11:30pm).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711