New Apple Watch owner

sayred504

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Just got my rose gold watch. Glad I went with the bigger model, it looks great. However I'm having problems with creating new text messages and finding contacts. Can anybody direct me to a good new tutorial on getting around on this thing.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
One of the problems with wOS3 is the lack of a Contacts or Favorites app for the Watch.

You can respond to a text from the Messages app received on the phone.. I let it live in the Dock to keep it handy. I use Siri to start a text from the Watch. This isn't always convenient, especially of you want to be covert.

I don't know of any other way. I want to see a Favorites app. Maybe on a future update.

Here's the iBooks version of the AWUG: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id985786488/?at=10l3Vy

Last edited:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
What Apple says:

Send a new message. Open Messages Messages icon, firmly press the list of conversations, then tap New Message. Tap Add Contact, then tap a contact in the list of recent conversations that appears, tap + in the bottom left to choose from your full list of contacts, or tap the Microphone button to search for someone in your contacts or to dictate a phone number.

Not the most elegant of executions. It makes using Siri pretty convenient. I still want a Favorites app on the Watch! Pin it to the Dock, open, scroll through a list of Favs, send, done. All on the DL.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
What a pain. It took me three tries to follow Apple's instructions. Much easier to just pull out my phone.

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
One of the problems with wOS3 is the lack of a Contacts or Favorites app for the Watch.

You can respond to a text from the Messages app received on the phone.. I let it live in the Dock to keep it handy. I use Siri to start a text from the Watch. This isn't always convenient, especially of you want to be covert.

I don't know of any other way. I want to see a Favorites app. Maybe on a future update.

When you are in the the Message app on the watch you just need to do a hard press and then select new message.

The new message screen opens and has an Add Contact field. Select that and you can click the icon to access your contact list.

Maybe not the most elegant, but the contact list is accessible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner