Black Stainless Steel Strap for Silver Stainless Steel Apple Watch?

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the Stainless Steel Apple Watch Series 2 with the midnight blue leather loop (medium). I also have straps from last years Apple Watch Stainless steel.
1) original SS Milanese Loop
2) original SS Link Bracelet
3) brown leather strap bought from amazon

I am now thinking of getting a couple of more straps for my collection.

Do you think a black link bracelet strap will match the silver stainless steel apple watch?
Or may be the Black milanese loop strap.

I don't have to buy the original Apple straps since now good 3rd Party ones are available.

https://hoco.watch/

Mikah Sargent

Senior Editor, iMore
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Grain of salt: I'm a little ridiculous when it comes to my Apple Watch matching its bands.

It depends on whether or not you'd be OK with having black metal next to the silver metal of the stainless steel Watch. There's an awesome site called mixyourwatch that can help you get an idea of how your watch might look before you make the purchase.

Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 5.32.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 5.32.25 PM.png

For me, I couldn't rock it — it'd bother me to have the mismatched metals. That said, you might be OK with it! More power to ya.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Do you think a black link bracelet strap will match the silver stainless steel apple watch?
Or may be the Black milanese loop strap.

Well, by definition, no. The bands are black and the Watch is not. Done.

Now, do I think they'd look good or co-ordinate with the Stainless Steel Watch? No, for the bracelet or a knockoff of the Apple bracelet. Too much black, the bracelet detracts from the look of the Watch instead of complementing it.

The black Milanese loop (a nice one if not the Apple Milanese) would look good with it. It's narrower width and texture wouldn't look as bulky as the bracelet.

That's what I think. You and others may/will think differently. (LOL) Myself thinks that a number of other colors would actually look better than anything black. I never had much fashion sense anyway, and what little I might have had went out the window after watching Miami Vice.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
To the OP, I suggest buying and wearing what makes you happy as for me I just like to match. Today I'm wearing my Product RED Apple Watch Band with my Black Stainless Steel AW.

ff5edec15ead7567407cf0164e7d3875.jpg

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your advice. So you think a knockoff black milanese loop from Amazon may be a better option to try than the black link bracelet from Amazon? I may try that first.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That looks nice. How many bands do you use for your black stainless steel watch? I thought only black or grey would suit it best.

Thanks. I only have three at the moment, but I plan to purchase more. I have the Black Apple Leather Loop, Black Silicone and Product Red Silicone.

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I have 4 bands for my AW Series 2 stainless steel silver 42mm
1) original midnight blue leather loop
2) original stainless steel milanese loop
3) original stainless steel link bracelet
4) 3rd party brown leather cuff band

I want to buy more but confused. Was thinking of trying a 3rd play black stainless steel milanese loop or a black stainless steel link bracelet.

Will surely pick up a sports band (black or midnight blue) and may be a nylon band in grey or pearl

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
So you think a knockoff black milanese loop from Amazon may be a better option to try than the black link bracelet from Amazon?

Well, that's my opinion. You may think differently, and it's you who's wearing your Watch so you have to make the call.

Also, I have no experience with any bands from Amazon, and the reviews are all over the place. If you go really cheap, don't expect too much. The Apple bands are pricey. I'm sure there are cheaper bands that will look good and be reliable, for less money. The challenge is finding them from amongst all the inexpensive cheap stuff out there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2