keep screen on longer

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
If you raise your wrist to see the time, it should stay on 6-7 seconds. AFAIK, this can't be changed. If you press the dock button or the face of the watch, it stays on the length of time you set in the Watch settings on your phone: General>Wake Screen>Wake for 15 or 70 seconds

walkingrock

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! Need to measure 15 seconds of HR or respiratory rate to take VS (nurse). I kept having to flick my wrist several times; was hoping I could increase the time it stays on when I flick my wrist. But will have to adapt by pressing the dock button or face of watch before taking VS.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
One option you might try is to use a watch face with the Stopwatch complication. Touch the complication and the Stopwatch app opens. Start the Stopwatch (that makes be giggle a little) and you've got 18-19 seconds of face time. (lol).

This may be less efficient that your current method, but it's an alternative.

Another alternative is to set your Watch to turn on for 70s when you tap the screen, as the prof mentioned. This will eat into your battery life a little, but you can set your screen to 'mute' by covering with your hand or place it against your hip or leg, or whatever's convenient.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
One option you might try is to use a watch face with the Stopwatch complication. Touch the complication and the Stopwatch app opens. Start the Stopwatch (that makes be giggle a little) and you've got 18-19 seconds of face time. (lol).

This may be less efficient that your current method, but it's an alternative.

Another alternative is to set your Watch to turn on for 70s when you tap the screen, as the prof mentioned. This will eat into your battery life a little, but you can set your screen to 'mute' by covering with your hand or place it against your hip or leg, or whatever's convenient.

That's a great idea, particularly with a set read time of 15 seconds.

FWIW I like to use Siri a lot for timers, so if you don't want to use a complication, tell Siri to set a timer for 15 seconds :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2