Series 2 or Nike + series 2?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So I am going to order an apple watch and just wanted to get some opinions. So I am leaning towards the Nike+ version. Thoughts on if the wait is worth it?

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
If u have Nike store by ur town. Ask for the card they r giving out for the month of October. Spend 100 save 20 send 200 save 40 and spend 300 save 60. So when the Nike store start to sell it. U can save 60 dollars.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
It's really hard to say because I think it's only when we get to use the Nike watch we'll know if it was worth the wait. There's custom watch faces, the Nike bands, possibly custom Siri commands, maybe something else...I've ordered one and I'm not convinced I'll use the Nike features at all. All of my run data is in Strava and I want to keep adding to it; I've heard the Nike apps are walled gardens that aren't friendly to other social running platforms but I must say I don't know if that's true or not.
The one thing I keep telling myself is that at least after the wait hopefully there'll be more apps ready to make use of the GPS on the watch (I don't run with my phone). I do keep checking my order status to see if it might come forward a bit from "Late October" but not so far!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If u have Nike store by ur town. Ask for the card they r giving out for the month of October. Spend 100 save 20 send 200 save 40 and spend 300 save 60. So when the Nike store start to sell it. U can save 60 dollars.

Wonder if this would work at outlets? I have a nike outlet near me.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Nike+ model bc why not? I'm an avid runner and I want to see what's special about it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Nike+ model bc why not? I'm an avid runner and I want to see what's special about it.

I run frequently too so was leaning towards Nike version. Plus I like the thinner bands and the watch faces that come with the Nike + version.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I went with then SS series 2 and not the Nike+. I enjoy running, but to me the Nike watch faces don't matter. I also prefer SS because it feels more substantial. The extra weight doesn't bother me on a run, the regular sport band is comfortable on a run as it is, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not having the Nike watch faces.

I also think the SS looks better with more watch bands than the aluminum casing, but that's just an opinion. I have to wear a suit nearly every day for work and appreciate the way leather and metal bands look with the SS case because the lugs match the watch casing.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Physically, the only difference between the S2 and Nike+ S2 are two Nike-only Watch faces, the Nike-only Watch bands, and the Nike activity app. The app can be downloaded to some or all non-Nike+ Watches.

Swap the Nike bands for any others, change the Nike Watch faces, kill the app, and you have a Watch that is for all the world, any other S2.

If the price is the same and you like the Nike-only bands, I'd say it's worth the wait. Plus, as I understand it, the Nike Watch faces show a lot of workout info in an efficient, glance-freindly manner. (Note glance, not Glance. They're gone, Jim.)

My next Watch could be a Nike+ as I like the differences and the ability to change it to it's secret identity as a mild-mannered 'ordinary' Apple Watch.

It's all it what you like.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I was going to wait for the Nike edition but while shopping st Best Buy a couple of days ago, I asked the apple rep if they had any Series 2 sports and he said no. Just as I was walking away, a woman came in and returned her 42mm space gray (exactly the one I was wanting). She bought it earlier in the morning and decided to keep her original Apple Watch. I immediately scooped it up as an open box for 300 bucks. Not a single scratch and essentially brand new.

I DO hope they sell the Nike bands though. I tried on the 42mm Nike edition and the band is really nice!

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I was going to wait for the Nike edition but while shopping st Best Buy a couple of days ago, I asked the apple rep if they had any Series 2 sports and he said no. Just as I was walking away, a woman came in and returned her 42mm space gray (exactly the one I was wanting). She bought it earlier in the morning and decided to keep her original Apple Watch. I immediately scooped it up as an open box for 300 bucks. Not a single scratch and essentially brand new.

I DO hope they sell the Nike bands though. I tried on the 42mm Nike edition and the band is really nice!

What a great find! That's a big discount for the latest an greatest.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I immediately scooped it up as an open box for 300 bucks.

The right place, at the right time! Way to go! I'd have done the same if given the chance. I'm liking the Nike+ more and more. Since a Space Gray S2 is on my radar, It'll be the N+ unless I stumble onto a deal like yours!

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When are we getting a release date on the Nike+ watch? I see I can order it on Apple Store app but I'd rather walk in day of and buy it. Don't want to wait any longer than I have to.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy says it will deliver on November 11. I didn't want to wait so I ordered series 2 and it will deliver October 12th hopefully!

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I placed my pre-order within about 2 minutes of the pre-orders becoming available - the date was late October then and my order still says late October - I keep looking just with the slim hope they're keeping expectations low and might deliver early but no change so far!

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I placed my pre-order within about 2 minutes of the pre-orders becoming available - the date was late October then and my order still says late October - I keep looking just with the slim hope they're keeping expectations low and might deliver early but no change so far!

Are you talking about the regular s2 or the Nike+ edition? The Nike+ has always had a late October delivery since it was announced.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR