Apple Watch series 0 warranty Apple care question

Dorval

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
My series 0 watch broke . Still under warranty and Apple care +Does anybody know if Apple replaces it with a series 1 since the series 0 is no longer available ?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I would imagine that there are plenty of refurbished original Apple Watches for them to replace it with. That's most likely what would occur.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Some companies will replace your defective item under warranty with a factory refurb. Dell does this with monitors and Seagate does it with hard drives, to name just two.

I don't know if Apple does this. As they're not selling the Apple Watch line (what some people refer to as Series 0 or 1st Gen) those unsold could easily serve as warranty replacements.

When those are gone, Apple might use factory refubs for warranty replacements. I don't know if that's their policy/practice. If not, then with no Apple Watches left, you'd get a Watch at the same price tier as you had, the closest model being a Series 1. Apple did this all the time with computers, both desktop and notebooks. But at this point I agree with Garz- you'll get another Apple Watch 1,1 or 1,2 like you had.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apple uses refurbs for replacements. There are plenty of them for Apple to use.

Usually, but not always. I had my Apple Watch replaced under AppleCare when the digital crown started having issues. They replaced it with a brand new one.