AW S2 case/cover? Needed?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm finally all in with the series 2 and will be using it daily. Thinking about a case that is just subtle but doesn't alter the look of the watch very much if possible. Many of the offerings don't see to have cut outs for the two mic holes on the left and will cover one of them. Also, I've heard some people indicate that even soft silicone cases scratched the surface of their watch.

Anyone found a case yet? Anyone with experience using a case feel these are worthwhile? More problems than they are worth?

Thanks for feedback.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I got a free case for my Series 0 and have never actually used it. It's a watch. I have other watches that cost way more than the Apple Watch and have never even thought about covering them up with a case.

That being said, there are some very minimalistic cases out there that I've seen posted on the forum. I wouldn't use them but there are plenty of people who do.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought 4 cases for my Series 0 from internet and I'm glad I did.
I work in an environment where scratches happen a lot and I already had to throw away one of my covers due to the multiple deep scratches on it.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
More problems than they are worth?

It depends on how hard you are on watches. Do you have a watch that you've worn daily? If so, what kind of shape is it in?

I'm pretty careful with my stuff, but there's a difference between daily and non-daily wear. If you resign yourself that it's a daily driver, then don't worry about it. If you environment is harsh and you don't want dings or severe scratches, get a case.

I had one and won't bother again. With a Spigen silicone case on my SS for just a week, I accrued a bunch of fine scratches that aren't obvious to anybody not wearing the Watch. But they actually dull the look slightly. With almost a year of wear on the Watch, it was pristine prior to using the case. I'm not in a watch-unfriendly environment so I should have passed.

The Al Watches will probably tolerate a case better, but I don't really need one at all.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a case I've been using for a while, the aluminum ones available at Best Buy. Don't use it all the time but do if I'm running on the trails or things that could be rough.
I did just find these real carbon fiber cases for both Series 1 and 2 and I had to order one. I love carbon fiber, and the pics look great. Really adds to the look of the Watch, especially the slave gray one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner