Can't change brightness on Apple Watch

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Just noticed that the display doesn't seem as bright as it did before the OS 3 update. I'm using one of the new watch faces and that's where I noticed it first. I've gone into the watch app on my iPhone and moved the slider to change the brightness. It doesn't matter if it's on the lowest or highest setting - nothing changes. Am I doing something wrong??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed that the display doesn't seem as bright as it did before the OS 3 update. I'm using one of the new watch faces and that's where I noticed it first. I've gone into the watch app on my iPhone and moved the slider to change the brightness. It doesn't matter if it's on the lowest or highest setting - nothing changes. Am I doing something wrong??
I doubt it. It is possible that you may simply need to reset the Watch or erase all contents and settings and then set it up again.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Since you can set the brightness in Settings on either the Watch or the phone, I'd restart the Watch first. If that didn't work, I'd restart the phone.

If that didn't work, I'd restore the Watch. Then maybe the phone (last resort).

You may already know that the Watch has only three brightness settings- basically low, medium, and high. When I tried moving the slider by halves, it didn't budge. Only when my finger got to one of the three positions, did the slider move, and then only to that position.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
There was no change when I used the Watch app on my phone but when I use the settings on my watch I could see a difference. I still don't think it's bright enough but oh well. Guess that's a good reason to buy a new one, right??