How do you clean the Apple Watch?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
re:

Has anyone found a good way to lightly clean/polish the iWatch stainless silver edges?

Welcome to iMore!

My suggestion and what I use is a jewelry polishing clothe. Can be had cheaply at just about any jewelry store. Works well and is designed for what you need.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Welcome to iMore!

My suggestion and what I use is a jewelry polishing clothe. Can be had cheaply at just about any jewelry store. Works well and is designed for what you need.

Or other microfiber cloth, best NOT to use any solvents except MAYBE a little alcohol!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
For cleaning, a soft wet cloth rung tightly and toweled off, followed by a microfiber cloth for the display (but really, works on the whole Watch).

For polishing, there are any number of fine polishes for stainless steel. I'm not familiar with a 'jeweler's polishing cloth'. I don't know if it will do anything for fine scratches.

For removing fine scratches, I'd look for a very fine polishing compound such as Mother's Mag Polish (which is what I'm going to try). I'll put a minuscule amount worked into smooth cotton towel and see how it goes. By working it into the cloth (maybe this is how a jeweler's polishing cloth works?) first and proceeding carefully, you can avoid getting any polish into the seams between the case and the display and sensor assembly on the back. Very important.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711