Official: Waiting up for Apple Watch Series 2 pre-order pajama party!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Holding true to our tradition, we have a couple of pre-order 'pajama party' threads going on. This one here for the Series 2, and this one for iPhone 7/7+ pre-orders.

If you're staying up to order your Apple Watch Series 2, good on ya. Join us here and join the discussion! What are you going to order??

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm not pre ordering, however, I will be getting one ASAP! I'm so excited about a water resistant Apple watch!

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
All I know for sure is I'm getting the 38mm size. I originally wanted the rose gold, but the more I see the stainless steel watches with the milanese loops, the more I like them.

Right now I'm thinking the stainless steel with milanese loop (the silver one) and a dark blue sport band as well. Need to see the bands in person though!

Last edited:

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
This threads aren't really helping me! I didn't want to pre-order the watch. I was thinking of simply buying the current model, for CHEAPER!
But, after reading all these threads about the Apple Watch Series 2, I guess I have no choice ;)

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The series 2 is nice... bumped up specs, GPS... perhaps a little more 'future proof'... and water resistance. Am I forgetting anything?

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the fence about Apple Watch 2 purchase...to me my Apple Watch has a good screen, is water resistant to the extent I need it to be, and I do not need GPS. BUT the faster processor would be nice! The dam thing is so slow! I'm wondering if OS 3 will help make it more efficient and smoother? I LOVE the ceramic but I'm nervous to put down major money on a watch that is going to be outdated in a year. I would love to hear people's thought ....

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the fence about Apple Watch 2 purchase...to me my Apple Watch has a good screen, is water resistant to the extent I need it to be, and I do not need GPS. BUT the faster processor would be nice! The dam thing is so slow! I'm wondering if OS 3 will help make it more efficient and smoother? I LOVE the ceramic but I'm nervous to put down major money on a watch that is going to be outdated in a year. I would love to hear people's thought ....

No way I'm spending $1200+ on a watch -- esp on that is going to be replaced in 12-18 months. I don't even want to splurge for the stainless steel models.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I hear ya eye candy! I have the stainless steel watch one and really don't think it is worth it. My Rose gold sport stayed in great condition with a clear can't see screen protector. I'm really questioning if the stainless is worth it! My sport has no scratches but my stainless has scratches on the case I can't polish out!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I hear ya eye candy! I have the stainless steel watch one and really don't think it is worth it. My Rose gold sport stayed in great condition with a clear can't see screen protector. I'm really questioning if the stainless is worth it! My sport has no scratches but my stainless has scratches on the case I can't polish out!

Eye candy? Lol. I just think the space black looks killer. But I will most likely go with the Nike+ model.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Eye candy? Lol. I just think the space black looks killer. But I will most likely go with the Nike+ model.

Sorry eye crispy lol....I don't think you can go wrong with any of the sports watches. Although I heard the stainless steal black is much less likely to scratch in the case.....

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking at this for my next Watch:
Al Au Sport w:Cocoa Band 2.jpg
I thought I would/could wait but the brighter screen is the big winner for me. All the other stuff is nice, and the DC processor might make a convert out of me. If so, then another Al Space Gray is next.

The Ceramic is a possibility but I want a better band. Not sure what but not just a Sport band.

Then there are the new bands...

ReeseyKups

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Here and definitely waiting to pre-order series 2, 38mm, sport with nylon band. Already have midnight blue sport band coming.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Am I forgetting anything?

The biggie for me the brighter display. It's not listed as a general spec, strictly speaking, just the mention of 2x the brightness. That's a big deal for me.

I wonder if Apple bumped up the brightness on the iP7 line. It could use it as well.

The GPS is-- nice. But without data xmit capability, it doesn't do anything for me. In S3 Watch, maybe the SOS function will call 9-1-1, 9-9-9, 0-0-0, etc, notify your ICE contact, and send your GPS coordinates to the EMS agency your Watch contacted.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I saw the option for Store Pick Up and didn't even think about it! Oh, well... Sept. 30 isn't that far away.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox