Discount on 'old' watch?

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
My wife is wanting a watch and we thought we would see if the old one discounted enough to just get that one over the new one. Strange thing is they have nothing on the apple site about the old version at all. Have they said what the price of the old one will be and I'm just not seeing it? I want to order tomorrow night but it would be nice to know this before ordering.

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes but what about all the original watches still in stock in stores? She wants a series 1 but if the original was say $189 she might just get the original and see what the third version comes out with.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes but what about all the original watches still in stock in stores? She wants a series 1 but if the original was say $189 she might just get the original and see what the third version comes out with.

As far as I know all original Apple Watches are either sold out or removed from the Apple Stores. Your best bet will be to look at local Apple resellers to see what they've done with the price.

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
There is no way they are all sold out. I've looked on amazon, Best Buy, etc and they all still list $299 for the 38 sport.

have24

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy has the original 38mm listed for $189. My wife is wanting a new watch (FitBit Charge is falling apart on her) and she's pretty interested in it at this price. Might just pick one up as she doesn't care for any of the updates and sounds like watchOs3 takes care of a lot of the sluggishness issues. Also have a 10% coupon to BestBuy.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
The original (Gen 1) pre-Series Watches are decent watches if you don't need or want the latest and greatest. watchOS 3 brings a lot of functionality to the table but to say it takes care of a lot of the sluggishness would be a little overly optimistic.

It is an improvement but still not snappy. Just so you know. But at under $200, it's definitely worth consideration.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I just got a 42mm rose gold with a sport band from BestBuy for $198.99. It was a open box in excellent condition. I also had $15 in reward money so that took a bit more off. They were selling it new for $219.99. The 38mm was 189.99 new.

Normally I would want the newest and best model but I'd previously bought an  at launch and spent $600+ and then returned it. So I figure if I want to try it again then I'll be ok with the base model and for that price I'm more than happy.

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and got her the series 1. I had a buddy that works for Apple that gave me a deal on it so it was not much more than the old version at best buy. I figured the faster processor would be worth it in the long run.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I went ahead and got her the series 1. I had a buddy that works for Apple that gave me a deal on it so it was not much more than the old version at best buy. I figured the faster processor would be worth it in the long run.

Good move. The new CPU and wOS 3 will be a great ROI in user experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2