Apple Watch Series 2

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
No data line on it

I'm not sure what that means. None of the () Watches have a cellular radio, so all their data is either onboard or supplied by the phone. I wouldn't think the Watches' functionality is affected by what carrier is used for the phone.

Or you don't know what he thinks of it, yet?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It's Bluetooth enabled. Someone mentioned Series 2 is standalone. It is with GPS but for real standalone needs a separate phone number and it's on its own data plan. No Apple Watch does this. No carrier sells the Apple Watch
Samsung watch is a standalone and requires a contract on VERIZON. I know because I have the S2 and could use it separate from my phone. I jumped ship when I heard Samsung can be used on Apple but with limits. It's Bluetooth only and can't respond to texts messages I was happy to hear this because I jumped at the chance to switch to Apple.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It's Bluetooth enabled. Someone mentioned Series 2 is standalone. It is with GPS but for real standalone needs a separate phone number and it's on its own data plan. No Apple Watch does this. No carrier sells the Apple Watch
Samsung watch is a standalone and requires a contract on VERIZON. I know because I have the S2 and could use it separate from my phone. I jumped ship when I heard Samsung can be used on Apple but with limits. It's Bluetooth only and can't respond to texts messages I was happy to hear this because I jumped at the chance to switch to Apple.
I believe that people thought that you meant that your brother has an Apple Watch Series 2 when you said he had an "S2".

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
He does. Gave the Series 2. I have seen it referred as S2 which confused me at first. I thought they meant Samsung S2 like I have I have the series 1 watch innAppke as well
My brother wanted the newer one for the built in GPS.
That doesn't make it a fully functional standalone Watch.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I believe that people thought that you meant that your brother has an Apple Watch Series 2 when you said he had an "S2".

I knew it was an AWS2. But the post read like three random bits of unrelated information strung together, their relationship a mystery.

BradKamin

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Have the opportunity to pick up a 38mm series 2 for $275 does that seem like a fair price? I see Apple has refurbished for $309 I believe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh