Apple Watch Series 2

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm ordering the smaller rose gold/pink sand one on Friday. It'll be my first one. :) Not sure I would upgrade if I already had one though.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll order the watch as soon as I wake up in the morning. The processor sold me and the display is a close second.

But not worth staying up to order.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
The GPS makes the S2 Watch a standalone product. It's not important to me but for those who'll use it a lot, I'm wondering about the impact on battery life. At the Keynote it was said that GPS satellite acquisition was very quick so I'm wondering if it's using WiFi like the phones. Otherwise it could be turned of while the GPS is on.

watchOS 3 made my Watches a little faster, but snappier isn't the word I'd use.

almost admitting they know the OG Apple Watch has lag issues.

Not at all. Anybody who paid any attention to the press at all had to know how the Watch performed. It should have been a surprise to-- no one. Apple could have waited almost two years until this new dual core chip was made, to sell the Watch. But they wouldn't have had the highest revenue line behind Rolex, in that time. I'll bet it was a decent ROI. It's a first generation product and anybody who bought it was an early adopter. So be it.

It's nice of Apple to bump up the processor on the S1 line. It's incentive to sell more Watches to those who don't want to pay more and/or were on the fence.

LTE is a non-starter for me. Unless I can send iMessages without a data plan, I'd have no use for it. Paying for another plan is out of the question. Paying for texts is egregious enough.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I like the new additions, but not enough to replace my current Watch.

I have to agree. I just got my Gen1 Apple Watch, and it does what I need it to do. Actually excellent battery life too. I'll stick with my old watch for awhile...

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I am dying to get one, so I can track swimming. But I just can't afford it without selling my series one steel, and it doesn't look like the market is too good for that. :'(

jorge Hewitson

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I would have liked to see matt black ceramic or a vibrant red, being the most expensive watch model was to differentiate themselves from the palette of colors apple

byrnen85

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I didn't really have interest in the series 1 apple watch, but with the gps and water resistance I now want to get one. Probably the Nike+ version, black and gray.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I didn't really have interest in the series 1 apple watch, but with the gps and water resistance I now want to get one. Probably the Nike+ version, black and gray.

The Series 1 is not the Watch you're looking for.

You've described the new Series 2. That's what the Nike+ version is as well.

The Series 1 is just the previous Watch with the updated processor of the Series 2, and wOS3.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
The Series 1 is not the Watch you're looking for.

You've described the new Series 2. That's what the Nike+ version is as well.

The Series 1 is just the previous Watch with the updated processor of the Series 2, and wOS3.

Series 1 is now using a dual-core S1P while the series 2 is using a dual-core S2. Any difference between them?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro